What new reptiles have you bought recently?

So is super leopard back on the list? lol

1 Like

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Is there a visual Super Leopard?

I just these today. I actually traded for them. The pic isn’t the best, but I didn’t want to bother them too much right out of the box.

They are Tumbes Long-Tailed Boa Constrictors (longicauda) from Vin Russo’s line, produced by Sonja Koolmo. These change very dramatically in the first year of life.

14 Likes

They are beautiful. You just can’t beat a boas cute little face

1 Like

They are so small and cute, especially when compared to the much larger (and younger) Argentines I produced this year. The Argentines were at least 2.5x the size of the longicauda at birth, even though the longicauda are a few months old.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Is there a visual Super Leopard?

You would assume by the name that they would grow longer :sweat_smile:
I definitely want to see how they change as they grow.

Longicauda means “long tail.” And they do have proportionately longer tails than other subspecies. Longicauda reach 5-7 feet in length, but they are slender and light weight, never achieving the mass of stockier subspecies such as constrictor, occidentalis or amarali.

3 Likes

I may be posting something similar in a few weeks. Just trying to find a specific locality.

What are you looking for?

dwarf locals but to be more specific mainly Nicaraguans. They seem extra hard to find this time of year. Not looking for morphs of them or anything, just a nice wild type.

1 Like

Stimson’s python from Reptile Mountain. I named her Bindi.

14 Likes

I sure hope there will be a Steve, Robert and Terri one day :wink:

4 Likes

A few weeks ago, we added:
Scaleless Texas rat
Cinnamon albino ball python
High white pied ball python

Next week, we will add:
Leucistic black rat snake
Corn snake
Children’s python
Albino Nelson’s milk snake

All babies, no adults. I have a strong loathe for baby animals but I’d prefer to have snakes starting as babies than sub adults or adults.

We started with five snakes and will end with 12 next week.
Final snakes to add will be Brazilian rainbow boa, maybe a bull snake, and green tree python. Just going to get all of my new guys established and use to me so maybe another year or so for the rest if I can convince my sweet husband who allows me to go crazy and buy a bunch of snakes once a year lol

5 Likes

Just picked this one up, she is a Stripe het Paradox Snow KSB. I intend to raise her up to replace an older girl who is facing retirement.

She is much brighter in person, this was just a quick cell shot.

13 Likes

Oh, and I forgot to post this one I got yesterday. Bad pic of an awesome snake. She’s an Albino GX Paint het Anery from Scott Miller. I have big plans for her.

17 Likes

That’s beautiful! You really have some of the nicest Sand Boas I’ve seen. Can’t wait to see what comes from your projects in the future.

3 Likes

We hope to produce Bell Snow Splash Tigers for the first time next year! Then we will add stripe. We produced Anery Splash het Bell Albino this year. That was a big surprise because we didn’t know the dam had any hets. In 2-3 years, we hope to produce GX Paint Bell Snow. Then we are going to cross the two projects. We also have the necessary ingredients to start a GX Paint Paradox Snow project, but that is a long way off. Not to mention we are raising up Sunset Indian Sand Boas and High-Orange Rough-Scales. In other words, I’m in deep and totally obsessed with sand boas.

4 Likes

I just got back from the Mid Atlantic expo here in Pa and I got this sweet little girl:

Her name is Anise!
And with this I’m done picking up any other snakes for a good while.
I’m just going to focus on raising up my little guys and girls and getting the equipment I’ll need to breed them in like 3- 4 years.

14 Likes

I just got this beautiful Queenbee Spotnose het Clown girl yesterday.

14 Likes