What snakes do you just love

By that I mean reptiles that you just love for the name or other random snakes. For me it is the Gwardar.

5 Likes

I always thought boomslang was a pretty cool snake name.

8 Likes

Galliwasps aren’t snakes but what a name.

there’s so many I adore for their faces, or their weird little tails, or their tummies.

I am a FOOL for all the iridescent Nope Ropes out there.

4 Likes

I love boa constrictors. Everything about them. Same with retics.

7 Likes

Haha, I think we all know that :joy:

5 Likes

Really? :upside_down_face::rofl:

6 Likes

Omg, you like boas? That’s weird.

I certainly am not into boas.
I’m into much more normal things…

like the barbados thread snake. :eye::lips::eye:

tumblr_inline_o0tn97fj5x1tbvxo1_640

:joy::joy:

14 Likes

Certainly more normal :joy:

6 Likes

I actually like thread snakes lol :joy:. I have considered getting a pipe snake as well. But these guys are so much cooler; Malagasy Leaf-Nosed Snakes. I would probably end up with a pair or a trio of them. Oh, I really want a trio of those snakes the @t_h_wyman has that changes colors.

4 Likes

Boa’s first and foremost, then retics,
Boelen’s python and the gray banded kingsnake. The high orange saddle ones. Hot snake Gaboon viper

5 Likes

@lumpy

Screenshot_20230224-141712-614

That is certainly a unique one!

7 Likes

I am besotted with House Snakes. So tiny. So perfect. A python in miniature.

4 Likes

Fun question. They’re all interesting in different ways. I always loved the idea of sea snakes. The beautiful little green snakes I used to find in the pasture and play with as a child are delightful creatures. Finding hognose in the woods was always a treat, too. They were SO determined about flipping on their backs and playing dead. Turn them right-side up, nope - over they’d go again! There was a big black rat snake who, more than once, cuddled up to my dad when Dad napped in the barn. Florida rainbow snakes are gorgeous, as are all the iridescent creatures. Boas are fun, pythons are cool. Copperheads are very pretty. I think their beauty is under appreciated. Garters are very interesting. All those snakes with funky features are great. And surprise! Day in, day out, I love corn snakes for their personalities, colors, patterns.

4 Likes

For those who don’t know what a Gwardar is I will show a picture of one. They have many types of colours, I will show three from Google.

This one looks like an Inland Taipan, I don’t know why but it does.

This one looks like a coastal taipan.

4 Likes

If I had to pick something other than what I already keep and we already know I’m in love with (western hognose). I’d have to say elephant trunk snakes

Look at these adorable little lumpy muppets

Photos from BMX Johnny over on Instagram he’s got two of these I believe and keeps them in black water tanks with a TON of botanicals to keep their skin healthy as I’ve read they’re prone to fungus if kept incorrectly. Aquatic species.

I don’t have the means to keep one but OMG THOSE FACES ARE THE BEST!!! :heart::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Hoggies have definitely become some of my favourites, this is my partners (who I have most definitely not claimed :eyes:) but I am aiming to get into them myself over the next couple years

3 Likes

It’s probably no surprise based on my activity on these forums, but I’m all for hognoses. They just have the absolutely cutest faces. If we’re talking names though, I love the bandy-bandy.

3 Likes

Hoggies are definitely a favorite of mine. I have a bunch :rofl::heart:. I highly recommend them. The constellation of personalities they have is endearing awesome and amazing. I have everything from clingy cuddle bug to sassy shoelace and everything in between.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen an elephant trunk snake before! Those are too adorable for words!! Kinda like a living, Jim Henson version of a friendly snake. I’m in love.

3 Likes

I love these guys! Derpy to the extreme. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Their faces look like what you’d get if you combined a sand boa, an anaconda, and a dragon snake. They’re too freaking cute.

Apparently they’re quite delicate and challenging to keep. Anything aquatic adds an extra element of stress and complexity, I feel. I have loads of respect for anyone who keeps them successfully!

3 Likes