What stage in pregnancy

My female ball is coiling on the hot side inverted and lumpy. This is my first time breeding and not sure which stage she’s in. The shed two weeks ago through me off. I thought maybe that shed was a prelay but these behaviors are ovulation correct? She went off food two weeks ago just before the shed and has not been interested in the male whom she locked with every time before. Just trying to figure a timeline. If this is ovulation I have more time then if the shed two weeks ago was prelay.

5 Likes

You are post-ovulation. The inversion and heat-seeking are indicators of getting ready to lay. You probably have another 10-20 days before you see eggs

4 Likes

Definitely post ovy, as @t_h_wyman said!

It also looks like she’s “nesting” and has pushed all of her substrate away from where she’s coiled up, which is another good sign.

3 Likes

Thanks! I will be on the lookout.

2 Likes

She just laid a small lemon shaped infertile egg and haven’t seen more in the last hour. Do all the eggs come continuously and I’m not going to have any luck with her or can egg laying be spaced out? Is it not a good sign if the first is infertile? First time so nerve wrecking process.

1 Like

Just give her time. If she’s got nothing else out in a few hours you can feel her to see if there are more eggs in there. It’s not unusual for them to not lay all the eggs continuously so don’t panic yet.

5 Likes

Thanks! I had to leave the house for a few hours so I didn’t obsessively check on her haha.

3 Likes

It’s been six hours since the slug and no more eggs. Tried to feel for more eggs but since it’s my first time unless it’s obvious I don’t know. I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

Any updates?

1 Like

She is currently laying now 4 days after the the slug. She has one very small boob egg, two that look fused together, and one that looks great. I’ll wait till she’s finished to candle. Fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

1 Like

She laid 7 eggs total! 2 slugs, 4 great looking eggs, and 1 small boob egg that has an embryo and veins. My son and I have 5 eggs in the incubator. Now the waiting begins.

5 Likes

Congrats! Be sure to update how it goes!!

1 Like