What to breed to get lilly white crested geckos

I’ve been breeding crested geckos for quite a bit and have been intrested in lilly whites and want to know what morph(s) I have to breed together to make that happen?

I am pretty sure lilly white is actually a legit morph (meaning an actual mutation) so you would need lilly whites to make more lilly whites.

1 Like

dangit well I guess imma have to buy some Lilly whites :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Note: Lillywhite x Lillywhite is lethal. Only breed lillywhites to non-lillywhites.

2 Likes

Oh I know I definitely won’t breed them together

2 Likes

The first Lilly white came about by accident from a Tricolour and an Extreme Harlequin. It’s very rare and can take years or never happen. Think it was 4 years for Lilly exotics if I remember rightly?. That was pure luck they managed to achieve one, which is how we then became to know of them! On a forum a few years ago 2 people had the luck of a lifetime and actually did it! Safe to say everyone was amazed :joy:
We have a couple lillies here now anyway but will be a while before they breed, but if by luck I get one from my non Lilly pairings he/she shall be staying! And shall be called Lucky :joy:

5 Likes

Lilly White’s are amazing and a little more affordable than a few years ago but yes you ideally need a Lilly White or a phantom Lilly White.

I’m hoping to breed my Lilly White this year :crossed_fingers: but I am waiting on my females so may be next year

I just saw this post. Lilly to Lilly is not 100% lethal. It is lethal if the baby inherits both copies of the Lilly gene. I know it is taboo to discuss breeding them together but the fact is that there has been a successful hatch of the super form that thrived. There is a 25% chance of a super form and a 25% chance of a non Lilly hatching out if you pair Lilly to Lilly. I am not saying for anyone to do it or that I have done it. I only have 1 adult Lilly and don’t plan on Lilly to Lilly pairings cuz I don’t want to lose any at all. I know people take the risk and there are healthy babies from that type of pairing.

1 Like