What to do with sheds

[quote=“becksterlynn, post:11, topic:23930”]
When we get nice clean sheds I bring them to work to show my middle schoolers.
[/quote] Yes that reminded me, I have brought snakes to a special school for kids with autism and left some sheds for the class to keep.

Might be tasty, but no nutritional value. keratin can not be digested.
@lumpy its strange isn’t it. I can eat a sweet baby lamb, but not an animal I have as a pet.
Guess I’m a hibercrit.

1 Like

I’m vegan :seedling:
I can’t eat any animal :joy:
This is all so strange to me… :flushed:

2 Likes

This thread has made me think,
I googled it? seems your right.

'‘Overview. The use of snake skin, both on the skin and taken by mouth, comes from ancient Chinese medicine. The skin that is shed by snakes is used in experiments when testing drugs from humans.’
Im not suggesting this is safe. it was just a google thing. but its an interesting idea to research.

1 Like

If I was hungry enough, I would eat human! :joy:

Dead animals are food. I don’t go out of my way to have any kind of a special diet. Whatever I come across when I’m hungry is what I’ll be eating.

I was given the opportunity to try crocodile and it was pretty nice. Jackfruit however was absolutely rancid. Bought a whole load of vegan burgers from a local shop because they’d been reduced to 15p each and they are absolutely delicious, stocked up my freezer with them. I have shot, butchered and eaten rabbits.

I guess I’d describe my diet as “Tegu like”. Everything and anything available.

1 Like

Some of the things I’ve eaten in survival classes makes me think I’ve been an insectivore at various times. A couple of the restaurants in Peru and Columbia I really wasn’t entirely sure what the protein was, but I was too afraid to ask.

This took an unexpected turn :rofl: not complaining, just an observation. I am going to send it in to the BP project for genetic testing along with a donation.

He was still looking pretty fresh last exploration time

1 Like

Oh I forgot, some people use a females recent shed or another males to stimulate breeding.
Maybe it helps with a male snake who is inexperienced.
Although now I feel if the female is ready and bursting with hormones, he will get the idea.