What to pair!

I normally have everything planned out as far as pairings and some of my plans go years into the future. But I can decide which direction to go with one female. I have a plan for her in the future when the male I have in mind is big enough. But she’s bowl wrapping and no reason to waste good follicles on her this year, so I thought I’d ask for some opinions on what you guys think would be a good cross.

Female - Chocolate Russo

Available Males;
Pastel Leopard Clown
Fire Enchi YB
GHI HRA Pastave
OD YB Het pied
Pastel Banana

The rest of my males that will be more exciting for my chocolate combos are still growing up.
Thoughts?

1 Like

For me, it would be a hard choice to go with either your Pastel Leo Clown or GHI HRA Pastave. I think those are your 2 best bets with that female. Making het Clowns is always good, and Russo in Clowns is starting to gain some ground recently. And with Leopard you would have some really nice combos and holdbacks for future projects.
With the GHI HRA Pastave, you could get some BEL’s which always sell well, and the other combos with HRA GHI and Chocolate really are beautiful I think.
You definitely have some good males to pick from and it’s between those 2 for me. Hard choice between the 2 but I’d probably do the Pastel Leo Clown mainly for the recessive projects down the line. But I don’t know if you could loose with either parings.

4 Likes

Thanks for the input!

2 Likes

Of course, keep us informed with what you project with her.

2 Likes

Of course! Right now I’ve got the clown boy going to an Enchi champagne also

2 Likes

I think the leopard pastel clown would be the best choice to compliment her genetics, and you’d get some great het females to raise up to produce clown combos.

3 Likes

I would pick the GHI HRA Pastave and hold back a male to breed back. Super chocolate combs are some of my favorites. And mojave and or het red would make super nice super chocolate combos. But that’s my preference lol.

3 Likes

I have a super chocolate pinstripe girl growing up she is gorgeous!

1 Like

That’s hands down one of my favorite morphs!! Sounds like you need a chocolate male! Lol

1 Like

That I do! Lol

I have to agree with those who say to go with the LP Clown. You could make some nice hets and I agree with mnroyals about Russo Clowns. They look great as a single gene Clown and when mixed with some other genes like Spotnose or Fire, WOW! Here is a pic of a Russo Clown I recently acquired. Best of luck to you what ever you decide.

1 Like

This one, no doubt.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s nice!