What type is my gecko?

Her water dish is also big enough for her to soak in but I never saw her do it. But she doesn’t really mind me wiping her so I was doing that.

I’ve personally only soaked my gecko twice, she’s newer and I bought her with some stuck shed on her tail and toes.

I watched a couple of videos on youtube first before I did the soak. You can most certainly soak her if she has this issue, from her picture I’d say she does. - I don’t want to give you any false information so I will leave exactly how to soak up to some of the more experienced people on here!:blush:

Take a kritter keeper/large tupperware with holes on top, put several layers of paper towel at the bottom, then put enough room-temp (not warm) tap or spring water (never use distilled for this or any reptile/amphibian) so that the paper towel is super sodden, and the water is <1mm deep, then add your gecko. Put the ‘spa chamber’ on a stable surface, with a latched top or otherwise weighed down so that the gecko cannot escape or get knocked over or hurt by other people/pets. Leave the gecko in for at least 5 minutes. Check every 5 minutes thereafter, with a maximum of 20 minutes. If there is still stuck shed give the gecko at least several hours of being at a more natural temperature before repeating the spa soak.

2 Likes

Ôk, I’ll do that. Thank you very much for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

She seems to be a normal with a bit of melanism can happen. Don’t think is Black night, Black pearl, etc. I would not use the UVB because too much can harm them. The sand thing happens. I had sand for one of my males for 2 years! And one of my females for a year. Make sure you get a humid hide and put new Zealand spag moss and some coconut coir. I use coconut coir in all my leopard gecko enclosures. Stick with mealworms as a base dusted with calcium 5 of 7 feedings and vitamins/minerals 2 of 7 feedings. Make sure to get some protein n there whether you tong feed her crickets or get some baby roaches. If you get crickets get 8 appropriately sized ones. They go through phases of lighting up when they are young then hit a high point hen just darken from there. They also change the tint of there color when they are stressed happy tired etc. Looks female but note 100% sure. Sorry I’m late.