What was your first clutch?

My first pairing was what I thought was a kingpin to a spider. We got one
1.0 orange dream butter spinner
0.1 butter spinner
0.1 butter
1.0 pinstripe
0.1 orange dream.
Found out really quick the kingpin also had orange dream.

2 Likes

My first two clutches were back in 2006. I had purchased a pair of “het albinos”, raised them up, and bred them along with a pair of normals, my first ever snake that I had purchased with my first ever paycheck back in 1999 and a female that I thought had a really neat pattern. I forget which clutch hatched first, but I remember the feeling of finally checking on my homemade incubator made out of a big cooler and seeing little snouts poking out of eggs. It was incredible. I never did get those “het albinos” to prove out, but I was thrilled nonetheless. I finally did produce albinos for the first time this season, 13 years later from a black pastel pin albino to an albino. :rofl:

3 Likes

Oooo always nice finding extra genes in your animals. Sounds like a beautiful clutch. Congrats and man I need your luck lol.

Oh wow 13 years later ! Congrats on finally hitting them. I remember those “het” days quiet a few people got busted selling anything as a het whether it was or not.

Oh yeah. The website I bought the fake hets from disappeared before anyone had a chance to prove their animals out. To be fair, I hadn’t been trying for albinos the entire 13 years, other projects, other species, and life took precedence often.

1 Like

My first clutch was a pied to a Mojave het pied and absolutely killed the odds. 3 Mojave pieds 2 pieds and a Mojave het pied

4 Likes

NYou most certainly did crush the odds. I love anything pied. Pied just makes it that much better. You got some nice pieds from that clutch. Perfect white to pattern ratio. Congrats on them.

1 Like

My fiancé and I partnered with a friend and had our first clutch this month! Pairing was friend’s Emperor Pin het Clown and our Pastel Clown. We had amazing odds! All 6 were clowns with 4 of them being females. Possibly the first super emperor pin clown but not claiming it. Lol

3 Likes

10 eggs? Wow how many grams was she?

1 Like

My first clutch was in 2017. My male was a GHI phantom (or so I thought), he was paired with a normal (my first ball python) a pastel and a lesser pinstripe. The only girl that gave me eggs was the normal. She gave me 7 eggs and I got from those eggs

1 x Normal
1 x GHI
2 x Mojave’s (so blatantly Mojave’s and not phantoms, the dads pairing had Mojave in it so it made sense)
3 x GHI Mojave’s

I only wanted to keep a female GHI Mojave but someone offered me more then I wanted to keep it so I don’t have it.

3 Likes

You crushed the odds congrats ! Stunning clutch I love clowns hold them dear to my heart as well. I’m waiting on a Blade Clown to Pastel Blade het clown clutch to hatch. Come on September 16th lol.

1 Like

Awesome odds right there. Are you gonna keep one of the other ghi mojaves ? I take it they were males ?

Haven’t had my first pairing yet. Hopefully next year. And starting off simple. A pastel het G-Stripe X pastel het G-Stripe.

1 Like

I have had it happen twice now! Found sulfur is a mojave combo male I got

1 Like

Hello all.
My first clutch was dual sired. the pairing was Orange Ghost / Pastel Coral Glow Sugar / Vanilla Pastel Spider.

3 Likes

I haven’t produced my first clutch yet, but I’m 99% sure my butter girl is getting ready to go into a pre-ovulation shed. She just went off food after being a crazy feeder for a few months and she’s looking like she’s been building considering how thick she is in her lower half.

If she does go, the clutch would be butter spinner x butter! Hoping for some BELs and other neat combos.

3 Likes

My first clutch ever was a Mystic female to a Black Pastel Pinstripe male. Nothing earth-shattering but it was so cool to finally hatch something out after years of raising and caring for my snakes. Hatched out:
1.1 Mystic
0.1 Mystic Black Pastel
1.0 Pinstripe

2 Likes

This was back in 2017. I didn’t keep any of them as the father was a GHI Mojave so didn’t see the point of keeping a copy of something I already had.

I have had two clutch’s in 2018 but around that time I was moving and had to give them to other people so didn’t get to keep any, have managed to get some on to look after most of my adults and have now got them back. One clutch was like my first one but had pastel in the mix. The other clutch came from the lesser pinstripe female and gave some strange things. 4 eggs and 4 slugs, only 3 eggs made it two were bels, one had only one eye, the one that looks like a leopard pinstripe (would of liked to keep that one to see what was going on with it).

3 Likes

My first clutch was a Vpi Axanthic x unproven het Vpi Axanthic.

3 Likes

My First clutch was back in 2017 and was from a Mojave Het Pied x Phantom PH Pied pairing.

The Phantom didn’t prove out but I was blessed with 4 healthy eggs which hatched 2 Classics, 1 Phantom and 1 Purple Passion. I was thrilled to bits :laughing:

1 Like