What will this year bring you?

Don’t feel bad I can’t prove or pop any of my corns. Thankfully they are almost all sexed at this point but when I eventually breed… Hoooooo boy

2 Likes

If you have no feeling in your hands then don’t do probing either. You have to be able to feel RIGHT when there is resistance to pushing the probe in, else you can injure your snake pretty easily.

4 Likes

@annakirby yeah def master popping before you go anywhere near probing.

I’m kinda not great at it either but I got all mine double checked by an expert when I got them and I’m a couple years off babies so I’m no rush. Practice a bit every now and then.

3 Likes

You guys have got some serious plans and work set out for yourselves, I’d reply to each and every one but it would end up 15 comments deep of just me replying. I’m excited and encouraged by all of you and I hope every one of you succeed. :grin:

For me, I plan to build a rack system and collect some beautiful ball pythons… That is all for now, not as exciting as you guys.

So far I have:

1.0 Pinstripe het Lavender albibo
1.0 Banana/CG het Clown het Axanthic VPI
0.1 Pinstripe het Clown
0.1 Pastel Yellowbelly het Lavender albibo
0.1 Enchi

I’m a long while away from breeding but so far I’ve got all the genes I want to work with except Piebald, which I plan to spend out on a powerful combo and Calico.

My main focus is going to be on just learning all I can and making some good friends along the way.

4 Likes

An update, contacted the breeder I will be getting my dark morphs from and he said this.

He also said he will let me know if he gets any GHI mahogany females. :smiley:

4 Likes

Im just hoping for either a nice corn snakey or an Uromastyx geyri lizard (or a pair of them). If my petition to the city to allow for mildly venomous animals (because atm even stuff with venom thats harmless to humans is forbidden) goes through successfully then maybe a Caribena (formally Aviculuria) versicolour Tarantula.

4 Likes

Then I hope you get a male kingsnake and a female corn :sweat_smile: a friend tried it once but then with a female kingsnake and a male corn. When he wanted to separate them the male was gone. He thought he excaped and he searched everywhere to find it but couldn’t. Till days later when he found the corn dead in the terrarium. The kingsnake ate him and regurgitated because he was to big. Hopefully with a bigger corn the kingsnake thinks twice before eating her.

2 Likes

This year I hope to get my first clutch of eggs, raise my first babies, and sell my first babies. I hope to get my other large female to breeding size and possibly start a project with her. I plan to get my boa girl into a bioactive terrarium, along with my female western Hognose.

Nothing overly exciting compared to some but I can’t wait!!

2 Likes
  • I hope to buy a ghi most likely pastel female because she will go great with all the males I have, and a pied het albino male for my albino het pied and pied het albino female and getting more pied combo’s in the long run.
  • Hope to really start breeding this year.
  • Want to build or buy a rack system for the snakes that are not that active and my champagne who seems to be more sensitive for stress. But also some extra terrariums for the active ones.
  • I hope for the rest of the year none of my snakes go on adventure again
  • I hope to grow my corn a little bigger and then sell him. Snakes so cute I want to keep all, but I want to breed them so selling is part of the game. My corn “Speedy” is going to be my first one to sell :weary:
  • I hope I can control / want to control myself to not buy any other snakes than the two I’m already planning on. They are so addicting :crazy_face:
  • my main goal is to simply keep all my animals healthy and thriving and enjoy them a lot
2 Likes

Yeah I know the risks… But the banded Grey kingsnake with a corn I think would make some pretty awesome babies. Worth the risk?

@ashleyraeanne @thecrawdfather
Solid advice from both. I’ve gotten my husband to agree to sexing my snakes, so he’s going to get hands on experience at NARBC

3 Likes

Happy everyone’s got big plans, I’ll be moving a new house down here in SoCal and am very excited to fill out my new hatchling ars rack with baby’s this coming year. I’ve got 9 females and 3 boys that’ll be more than ready to breed this year and 2 girls that’ll need one more year. I’m just trying to source one more male and female but it’s hard to find the ones I’m looking for.

All dark/ish stuff!

Super ghi, sandblast, champagne, mahogany, suma, cinnamon, black head, red axanthic, black pastel and pied combos.

Best of luck to everyone in the coming year.

5 Likes

This is our second year as breeders so we are really excited about what this year has to bring. We hope to vend our first show in the fall and fill up our MM page. Also, would like to get into the Sandblast and TriStripe project this year.

Leopard Gecko Projects:

• Gecko Daddy Line Tango Crush
  • Purple Head Tangerine
  • Super RAPTOR
  • Diablo Blanco
  • Green X Tangerine Blood
  • Line Bred Snow

Ball Pythons (Few of our 2020 projects):

• Banana/Mojave/GStripe x GStripe
  • Enchi/Orange Dream/Yellowbelly/Spider het Pied x Pied
  • GHI/Shatter x Pewter/Mojave/Spider
  • Ivory/Leopard/Pastel x YB/Gravel
  • Leopard/Albino x Enchi/Albino
  • Banana/Lemonblast x Huffman
  • Pastel/Enchi/Fire/Axanthic x Axanthic/Spider
  • Lesser/Axanthic x Spider/het Axanthic
  • Super Cinnamon/Banana x Black Pastel
2 Likes

Damn that sounds like a lot of stuff. You got your work cut out for you. I find this kinda inspiring. Im just hoping to get my 1st herp this year (either a corn snake or uromastyx geyri–leaning toward uromastyx). Any advice on which of those two I should get? The Uro has a diet thats easier to handle for me but the Corn has the advantage of not requiring the hi uv, hi temps etc. I feel like as far as beginner herps go Im kinda limited since Im not into any geckos pythons (including ball pythons) or boas and cant have venomous anything (even if its harmless to humans.) Any suggestions?

1 Like

This year I intend to bring on ten new snakes. I’m also moving into a larger space.
Pairings for this year include:
Sumatran short-tail (het VPI caramel albino x visual)
Argentine boa constrictor
Mountain Springs Rosy boa (breeding loan)
Albino Harquahala rosy boa
Cal flame Kenyan sand boa (pure Dodoma)
High-percentage Dodoma cross het paint x stripe het paint (intend to hold back some or all of the paints produced)
Three-toed box turtles

Slight chance I will produce banded T- red bloods, but I think my female is too small.

This will be the most pairings I have done since I stopped breeding geckos and colubrids in 2014.

3 Likes

I just got my very first clutch ever ! I’m hoping for several other clutches my most anticipated pairing/! clutch is from my Hypo pastel enchi butter het DG × Spotnose Yellowbelly dbl het DG/hypo I’ll attach some pictures of all the pairings of my first season.!
I’m also breaking the bank a little this year I’ve added 3.3 dbl het DG/Clowns, super vanilla het clown, bongo het ultramel, pastel super vanilla, cinnamon dbl het ultramel g-stripe, spotnose het clown.

9 Likes

@novisreptiles I can’t wait to see your future clutch posts on the forums!

3 Likes

Thanks so awesome morphmarket opened a forum I learned a lot on forums like the the old chameleons forum

3 Likes

I will say that I want to continue to learn and go to more shows to network. I’m not really active in the forums because I feel that I have not been in the hobby long enough to provide solid advice. I’m in the sponge stage, soaking up all the information that I can. I’ve made a few investments over the past year and I am letting my collection grow with my knowledge. I’m planning on October Tinley (hope to meet some of you there). This year is going to be awesome, I’m stoked to see what’s going to happen in the hobby.

4 Likes

Plans for the year… new to breeding so first plan is to hope I don’t mess up :slight_smile: after that is to get ahold of the genes I want to work with the most and so far i have that part down just picked up 2 clowns 1.0 and 0.1 a het 0.1 clown, black pastel sulfur 1.0, fire enchi 1.0 ,axanthic tsk pastel 0.1 and 1.0 and pinstripe 0.1 pos vanilla (was a rescue so not 100%) on the vanilla hoping to breed her with the black pastel sulfur if he gets to size. Also looking for a lesser leopard 0.1 to pair with my pastave. …praying and wish me luck…

3 Likes