What would you call this pinkish Girl? (Extreme drippy harlequin)?

She is the mother of some very unique looking babies (first year breeding her and 100% survival rate. (not to brag) but what you would you say is her morph? I have heard extreme harlequin or drippy harlequin / cream/ red? Red base? I want to be sure I’m accurate when I state the lineage of her offspring, since I know for sure the father of the babies was a tricolor lilly white.

2 Likes

Red extreme tricolour, looks possibly hypo but i don’t have a lot of experience with red hypos so i can’t say for sure :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks! Funny you say that, I was JUST looking up the meaning of HYPO. I am learning something new every day about this crested gecko breeding adventure. I just fell in love with her coloring. I had a “pink” on my wish list. I bred her to lilly white. My goal was pink lillies. I have had a variation, even a few that look like they may be “LAVENDER” based, but not sure. I have no genetic background on her. So… I bought based on phenotype. lol

She is a lovely pink colour, is she fired up in the pic?

I’d say she is a red extreme drippy harlequin with dal spots.

How much does she weigh?

2 Likes

Red and cream hypo extreme drippy Harley, is that spot on tail as if so with dal spots x

Any pics fired up x

1 Like

@foxreptile Thanks for the compliment. She is around 41 grams. Hatched in Dec. 2019. That was all the info I had on her, but I know the breeder who sold her to me has a lot of lighter color, almost white geckos, so they trend on the light side, so could be (hypo?) not sure. I think she is NOT fully fired in this pic. When she is fully fired up she has a very deep red color and that creamy color turns a deep yellow. Fired ALL THE WAY DOWN, she is very light lavender almost like a pale cream with no color at all overall. Her names is peaches.

1 Like

@ghoulishcresties I just took her out of the tank to see if I see Dalmation spots. I have never noticed any on her. Oh and I weighed her to be exact: she weighs 42.4 grams.

@ghoulishcresties @foxreptile – to continue the “hypo” question. Out of the 12 eggs that have hatched so far, 2 of them look like this one. Very light / tan/ beige.

She has a couple of Dalmatian spots too- not sure if you can see them in this photo. I am assuming that those two (that have this color/look) maybe a hypo red like the mom.

AND they ALL have a little hint of orange on them (from dad)

Lilly White “sunny”

You can tell I like to show them off! Can’t wait to build a website and put them up.

Looks like one on tail x

Not seeing hypo in those myself from those pics.

Possibly the Lilly not need fired down pics x

@ghoulishcresties @autumngeckos @foxreptile

Here is Peaches fired up. Just getting around to posting it. As you see, she is a deeper shade of red (guess NOT a hypo) - but fired down she is the lavender/ grey so it’s hard to say without seeing these. Also, maybe it’s possible like a “het hypo?” if that’s a thing> lol. So it’s like a brick red over a yellowish color.

She’s a red hypo😊

3 Likes