What your opinion on the Maple ,ultramel and monarch?

Are they some sort of allelic recessive? And mostly what do you think of the maple …The color is richer then ultramel but not has dark then the monarch.

1 Like

Don’t know anything about maple but I’ve seen enough to strongly suspect monarch and ultramel are different single gene mutations. There are reports of pairings in the past from the originator of monarch that resulted in all normals, but it was a small clutch. I’m not sure if there has been a pairing since and I don’t know what they’ve mapped out genetically so far.

4 Likes

I know people suspect Maple is Ultramel. I’ve actually heard someone say that Maple proved to be Ultramel via shed test, but I haven’t found anything about Maple shed test results

1 Like

I have also heard that Maple proved ultramel by shed test but I haven’t seen actual evidence of that. Based on the existing evidence (phenotypical differences, the fact that no one has produced a visual combination between monarch and ultramel, etc.) the current evidence points to them being different mutations.

4 Likes

Just wanted to pop in and say that as of now, RGI has found that monarch is on a different chromosome than ultramel. So ultramel and monarch are definitively not the same.

3 Likes