Whats good practice on posting in old discussions?

Whats good practice on posting in old discussions?

Sure if an old discussion has concluded there is no point reviving it.
But what if its not a conclusive discussion,
IDK, like if I have another solution to getting rid of smelly waste which is an old discussion, just for an example ?

1 Like

Just go ahead and revive it. There is always more to learn about care ( waste management ).

8 Likes

Thanks Lumpy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree, people reading the thread will see your post and your post will help. Each forum has their different culture regarding reviving old threads.

2 Likes

I would say that so long as it is advancing the discussion, it is fine. Just avoid necromancy for things that are irrelevant like posting “Awesome pic dude!” or “I have a question about my one snake but it is barely related so instead of starting a new thread I will necro this thread”

4 Likes

Thanks, that’s very helpful. You have reassured me im on the right track.

Haha. we used to call that grave digging in the old days. necromancy describes it better.

Don’t worry I wont do that. I think I have the ballance now from the support in this thread.
But if I get it wrong by any chance , please feel free to tell me and help me understand.

4 Likes

There are alot of great discussions if you look at the time stamps have been revived multiple times. I feel Wyman has stated the obvious, basically if it would make a better new topic, or if you just wanted to post a short approval, just make a new topic or use the like button to show approval :). But if you have something to add please do revive away! As keepers we should always be looking to update old knowledge!

4 Likes

I’m the OP of the “Getting Rid of Smelly Waste” thread in question, and I say go for it! If you have something to contribute to a topic then it’s better to have all the discussions in one place rather than spread out along multiple threads. Also, I don’t think the age of a thread is really all that important unless the date of the topic in question is critical to understanding the context of the thread.

2 Likes