What's up from upstate NY

Hi guys. My girlfriend and I are relatively new to keeping reptiles. We have an adult bearded dragon that we rescued. He is about 5ish years old. Don’t know for sure because rescue. We have had him for 3 years. Since rescuing him we have acquired a normal ball python, a toffeeconda western hognose, an okeetee corn snake, a crested gecko, and two leopard geckos. I have aspirations of breeding one day. All of my herps are still too young to breed, but we are raising them up. We fell in love with these scaley boys and girls.

Posting here to try to make some connections. I don’t know anyone in my area who is into herpticulture like my girlfriend and I are. We do our best to make sure all of our animals are well cared for. We have automated as much as possible. We have invested in good thermostats for all of our herps. We have invested in misting and fogging where it was needed. All of that being said, we still make mistakes and have questions. I am looking to meet some people who can help me out when we get stumped.

I look forward to talking with some of you guys. Hopefully I can help some of you out too. Don’t wanna be dead weight around here!

Hope everyone has a great week!

8 Likes

Sounds like a nice spread @klp1190! Welcome to the community; I’ve already found this group of people to be super positive and informative. Do you have any pictures of your animals you’d wanna share?

2 Likes

So awesome to have yet another person ready to learn and contribute to this community

2 Likes

5 Likes

The only one I couldn’t get was the corn. She just ate and was not feeling a photo op.

2 Likes

Her time will come I’m sure! Your toffeeconda hognose is a beaut :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you. So far she is my only purchase off morph market. Went very well. I’m having some issues with her right now. She got very aggressive over the last month or so. Just posted something on here asking if there was anything I could do to work on that. I plan on breeding her when ever she gets big enough. I haven’t decided if I want to buy a male and raise him up too or buy an adult. Her and my two leps are going to be my first projects. We still have a bit of time for that though. None of my herps are a year old yet. Except Koda, the old beardie.

1 Like

Bro is that a Diablo Blanco or White Knight? :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

To be perfectly honest with you… I don’t even know. I saw her at a friggin petco for $20 and had to have her. She so beautiful. I’ve been trying to figure out what she is since i got her home.

1 Like

Holy crud are you serious? You found that bebe at Petco for $20?!

It’s impossible to tell just from appearances, but I was shocked to see a newer herper with a bebe like that! They are (usually) not cheap!

And, welcome, of course! I love all your bebes! It seems you’ve been bitten by the bug alright! I don’t live in your area, but my mother grew up in Schenectady, and I have a great-aunt there.

2 Likes

She might be a blazing blizzard, she seems to have red eyes from the picture. But like @mblaney said it’s impossible to tell from the appearance.

Don’t want to hijack the topic, but from that angle her eyes are a brighter red than most blazing blizzard eyes, which makes me think that she has either eclipse or possibly enigma. Sometimes blizzard eyes are naturally black, but I’m not sure if that could yield eyes like hers.

1 Like

I really like the head pattern on your second leopard gecko.

1 Like

@mblaney Yeah, $20. I couldn’t believe it. I had never seen one like that in a pet shop. Only at expos and on morphmarket. I had to have her. We have definitely been bitten. This time last year we had one bearded dragon. I can’t say I’ve ever been to Schenectady. Thanks for the warm welcome.

2 Likes

All this talk about Zara, the lep in question, is super helpful. Thanks for all the info @mblaney and @erie-herps

3 Likes

Thank you @westridge. That’s Loki. He’s a very handsome man.

1 Like