When Craigslist is too good to be true?

Only one way to find out.

I live in Virginia and that add was on my craigslist as well.

Funny you should ask because I was thinking about this. I used to sell to pet stores in the early 90’s and I would actually take hatchlings in a custom portable rack I made. I also used to go in and probe their snakes and help them with health issues so that they knew and trusted me when it was time to sell. I also had phone and snail mail correspondence with a few wholesalers like Glades Herp (before the controversy) and others, N.E.R.D. was around back then and I used to get their price list hard copy in the mail along with others. Computers and the web really changed the scene.

4 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: My new reptiles

I had found something i thought was too good to be true and the timing was perfect. I had recently got my new AP enclosures and was going to go to AP cages to buy 5 more T8s. For whatever reason i decided to look on Craigslist just on the off chance i might find some. Well, i found an ad for 5 AP T8s at $150 each. Text the person and they told me they are brand new never used. She was going to get some snakes, but apparently they recently became illegal. They have just been sitting in her shed covered in spider webs. All assembled and bottom sealed. I jumped on it and went to her place the next day with a coworker who has a truck. She was extremely nice, but i was more in shock at the fact she had her own private zoo. She had camels, zebra, horses, macaws, and giraffes. Was a great and unexpected purchase to say the least. Now to spend the rest of my evening cleaning the enclosures of spiderwebs and hoping nothing alive came with.

7 Likes