When do geckos ovulate in the uk

Can anyone tell me if all geckos ovulate in the same months or have individual cycles??

2 Likes

Ovulation is often towards the start of breeding season (I think in between March and June). It varies from individual to individual.

4 Likes

I don’t know about all gecko species, but @erie-herps is right about the breeding season for leopard geckos having the most pronounced reproductive behavior. A hobbyist breeder is most likely to have success pairing geckos at that time. Just make sure you are either (1) 100% sure of the genetic background of any geckos you breed and able to determine how that would translate to the offspring, or (2) that you sell any offspring as ‘pet-only.’

Professional breeders will sometimes breed leopard geckos year round, as leopard geckos are easy to breed (the tough parts are incubation & rearing the wee babies). To help them do this, some breeders alter the day/night cycle to simulate the breeding season, though not all breeders do this.

2 Likes

I was informed from whom I got the geckos that they are,
A Green and tangerine.

A tangelo sunglow,

A super snow,

What are your thoughts???

1 Like

The G & T looks like a very low-expression G & T. Tangelo sunglow stands for super hypo, tremper albino, tangerine. It looks like an albino tangerine. The super snow looks correctly identified (and is awesome, I love super snows).

2 Likes