When Hobbies Collide!

I move to table my original suggestion and move my support to @mblaney suggestion.

4 Likes

Battle armor, huh? Maybe I’ll start small and do a set of leather plate mail for a bearded dragon!

2 Likes

I’d love to see that.

1 Like

I would like to request a battle suit for crested geckos. With wings. So when they jump they look like they’re flying. :thinking:

5 Likes

That would be crazy cool! I better get on that!

3 Likes

Maybe go a step further and make the wings functional so they can glide from place to place :joy:

4 Likes

I would love a helmet with horns for a blue tongue skink

2 Likes

I’ve never made anything like any of this, but maybe I can figure something out some time. Most of my making is shooting pouches and accoutrements for black powder firearm shooting.

3 Likes

Ooooohh yes!! :star_struck:

2 Likes

They don’t need to move, they could just be stiff i.e with metal rods or whatnot. If they are ever so slightly uplifted in the front, it would cause lift. :joy:

3 Likes

I really like the direction this thread has gone.

2 Likes

Graceful gliding leather clad sky geckos

I need one of those in my life.

This awesome haha!

Hey @klp1190 any update on the hide box?

1 Like

I wasn’t going to post it because I was unhappy with the way it turned out, but ask and you shall receive lol. It is super functional, I don’t like the way the name came out. I need to play with the settings on my 3d printer software. It works though. Currently working on little plates with the snakes names on them for feeding time so the mouse doesn’t have to just hang out in the aspen. Also working on a much smaller “security” hide for my baby hog. Something she can cram herself into lol

6 Likes

That’s great. I love using my 3D printer for my reptile stuff. I usually use it to make vents, thermometer mounts and sliding door handles.

1 Like

Those are all things to think about when I start making my own enclosures. Hopefully next summer I’ll have a bigger place with more space to play with.

2 Likes

I think it came out pretty slick lol. That’s a neat little setup you have! What type of software do use to make programs? I can program in auto cad and fabriwin. Can you import others dxf files and use them?

That’s awesome! My brother and I just started building a computer for working CNC software, think I’m going to bite the bullet and pay for fusion 360, what software are you using? Getting into tabletop 3-d printing and a X-Carve CNC. This is what I thought about starting with as well. Oh and can I put in a ticket for a alligator saddle!?

1 Like

That’s really good for a first go at it in my opinion. I’m sure with a little finagling you will get the look you want.