Where are my fellow worker bees?

I am overseeing the construction of about 60 more homes between where I am standing and where the finished residences are below. 300+ acres, but only about 50 of them will be occupied. Gorgeous land all around. Can’t wait for Spring to arrive to see what occupies the surrounding wetlands!

10 Likes

Was gonna say, looks like a herpers dream where you are standing haha, once winter is over stay safe if you have any native hots :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here in UT it definitely looks like a herper’s dream. (It’s not.) 99% of the time it is your average fence lizard and garter snake. Every couple hundred fence lizards you find, you get a collared lizard, and every hundred garter snakes you find a bullsnake/rattlesnake. You really need to know the right herping spot to find anything else :slight_smile:

That would be nice. Here in UT wet and water is a foreign language. :slight_smile: Here we use rocks for water :grin:

5 Likes

Timber rattlers conceivable. I’m hoping more for rat snakes, wood turtles, and some fun frogs. I’ve seen bobcat, coyotes, and one large moose. But, it’s too cold for the herps.

4 Likes

And @bughunter07 dont sell Utah short on water. The Green River is spectacular. And, the Sevier is one of my favorite fly fishing gems!

4 Likes

Yeah, the rattlers would be my concern at a construction site. Its all well and good for those who know to deal eith them safely, but it only takes 1 ignorant worker to handle an encounter the wrong way for an incident report to be created :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yes, the Green River is really amazing. I have never been to the Sevier river but it seems really fun. I guess we aren’t super dry, but go to Arches national park or Salt flats and you definitely will feel the heat :sweat: :weary:

If you enjoy fly-fishing, or just fishing in general, you should try Alaska! Absolute fishing and nature gem.

3 Likes

I spent most of this morning hiding out in the tissue culture room with my cells. The NIH was filming something in our lab, and I can can’t science properly while being video taped.

20 Likes

Thats awesome! When i was younger i always wanted to do science! Ended up going a different path, but that path is my job, the sciences are still my passion!

5 Likes

That is so dope @chesterhf!

6 Likes

Thanks!!! While my project often makes me want to run off screaming into the distance, sometimes it’s pretty cool

7 Likes

I work with developmentally disabled adults. This morning is band practice! As someone with a musical background, I love the music-focused classes we do (in fact, I’m pretty sure that’s why they hired me).

(For legal reasons, I can’t include too much identifying stuff in photos, but that’s me and the keyboard I use.)

14 Likes

No issue! Thank you for taking the confidentiality of those you care for so seriously! Glad to hear you have things at your work you enjoy and look forward to!

6 Likes

Thank you all for your service… both military and medical. Your families, too, as they also ‘serve’ while you’re away. God bless you all

7 Likes

Appreciate it :slight_smile: everybody does there own part for society to move forward, from retail worker to scientist, to leadership. I appreciate everyones efforts :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No pictures of me at work but they wouldn’t tell much.
I am a care consultant and inspector for learning disability and nursing and care homes.

For me I see it as my little contribution to protecting those vulnerable people who cant fight for themselves or are not strong enough to do so.

But those people are all of us too eventually. If any of us live long enough or are unfortunate to get seriously ill early in life or have a serious accident, it could be any one of us that need someone else to fight for us and protect us from abuse and ensure our rights.

9 Likes

@ascended, much respect for that work.

I work with 33 Tribal Nations and their water/wastewater utility operators. We try to help protect their sovereignty. Lots of training writing and zoom meetings at the moment due to COVID protocols. But hoping to start site visits soon. I need to meet with all 33 Nations before October 1.

9 Likes

@jawramik and @ascended I love that. I have always wanted to work in this field some day. I know that we can’t control the life that we are dealt, and I would love to help make other people make the most out of their life. Really thank you for all you do :slight_smile:

4 Likes

An important job to be sure! Taking care of those in need is always a job worth doing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve heard alot of stories of tribal lands. Its a different world, glad to see some are working to ensure they keep what is left of their land :slight_smile:

3 Likes