Where are my fellow worker bees?

Hey all,
As i sit here preparing for the snow storm as im required to stay at my work place, it made me think there are alot of fun shennanigans people like to share with people in their communities. I couldnt find a good place for this, but figured here is as good a place as any since itll help us to get to know eachother. I know many breeder and hobbyists have full time employment as well, lets see some pictures of you guys doing what you do best!

Gotta have fun with it haha

15 Likes

Oh I remember those days…hurry up and wait!

8 Likes

I’m in the post office processing everyone’s mail :joy: and yeah I know I look “crazy” in the photo. I was making the face to be funny. I’m on medication now. :eyes:. Lol.

12 Likes

Lol, eyes open so long looking at mail they refuse to close now? :stuck_out_tongue: fun times haha

6 Likes

@verinium My family is in the military! What branch?

4 Likes

Army national guard. We are on standby because a winter storm is coming through and people always decide its a great time to drive (spoiler, it not).

What branch was your family in?

7 Likes

My dad is in the Air Force. That is terrible that you guys are stuck in a snow storm!

5 Likes

My brother was airforce :slight_smile: i always made fun of him because his deployments were just vacations to tropical islands xD

6 Likes

Nice! Haha that is awesome that he got “vacationed” to some tropical islands :joy: Most tropical my dad has seen has been Qatar xD :joy: We almost got stationed in Hawaii but my mom is scared of the ocean and sharks and stingrays so she busted that… lol makes me cry

4 Likes

But yep, not old enough to work. At least with animals. The thing is I am 20x more knowledgeable than most others who work at the zoo, but am too young to apply :joy:

5 Likes

Sadly many look at age too strictly. Maturity should be the real measure. Though… im currently using an electric skillet as a space heater… so, maybe im not one to talk haha

9 Likes

I agree. That is awesome that you are using a skillet as a space heater :joy: you may want to reconsider whether you are ready for a job haha. I love your camping setup though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did 4 years in the USAF, went to 9 different countries. I never once saw a tropical island. Unless you count Bahrain as a tropical island.

5 Likes

Nice! That is sad that you never did. My dad has been in for 19yrs and has also never been “vacationed”. If you don’t mind me asking @verinium, what was his job that he got never-ending vacation days? :joy: My dad would definitely want to know :joy:

4 Likes

That works thought. It would be different if you tried to use an ice pack LOL :joy:!

6 Likes

Not sure which one it was, I was in bagram, and every time i checked my facebook he would be hiking up a mountain or scuba diving off the coast and im just in mt. Dustbowl think i chose the wrong branch xD

4 Likes

He worked on jets as a maintainer, i forget exactly which part, but i know hes a diesel mechanic now, so i imagine he was a mechanic for them (as opposed to sheetmetal, armament, avionics, hydraulics, etc.)

4 Likes

Unsafe? Probably. Warm? Definitely. This has worked out far better than my initial thought of “this is probably a stupid idea, but…” for cold i just turn it off haha

7 Likes

It is really smart though

4 Likes

Some would argue im about to set myself on fire haha

6 Likes