Where to get metal snake racks ontario?

been wondering other then ordering from the states or building my own, does anyone in ontario manufacture metal large snake racks, mainly looking for breeder female bp tubs.

I don’t believe there is a manufacturer of metal racks up here in Canada. I ordered an ARS rack and had it shipped up here

1 Like

I don’t know what resources you have at your disposal, but I would recommend Facebook marketplace, Craigslist and other places people can post services or items.

If you’re looking to purchase some ARS products, I’m looking at getting a rack or two myself. It might be cheaper to bundle orders together to save shipping costs.

1 Like

that’s a great idea, tho i haven’t been able to even find an option for shipping to Canada.

how much did it end up costing you if you remember?

Depending on where you are, we could work something out. Im in the Hamilton region so if you’re located in southern Ontario it might be worth your while. Send me a DM if you’re interested. ARS requires a broker to ship across customs and to the final destination. I’m getting a quote now for a single pallet. The stateside portion will cost me about $360 USD I’ve been told.

1 Like

yea im looking to get a hybrid 7030 full rack

I don’t remember to be honest. I bought the first 6 levels + wheelbase one year and the last 4 levels around 2 years ago. Freight isn’t cheap and you do have to source your own customs broker. ARS racks are much nicer than PVC ones, and those clear bins they make now :heart_eyes:

1 Like

If you know how to weld and can get metal it’s worth it imo to make it on your own if I could get metal I would total make my own lol

3 Likes

I made my own out of PVC board. I think someone told me there is a manufacturing plant that makes PVC board in Canada. So you should be able to find some at a Lowes, HomeDepot or get it ordered. (don’t know if you have a Lowes etc.)

This is 3/4" grey PVC board.

4 Likes

iv spent forever looking for pvc board to do exactly this. lowes cares it but its just under half an inch and seemed to me it would not be strong enough sadly. every other source i found was about 200 per 4x8 sheet.

family used to own a metal shop and so wish we still did i would be making these in an instant. still debating doing it if i could sell one or 2. it makes me wonder why no one up here is producing them, there does seem to be a market.

3 Likes

I lucked up on this. A guy in Alabama had it, so i went and bought 4 sheets. It was 65. 00 a sheet i think. Wish i had bought more.

4 Likes

I wish I would have bought some

1 Like