Wheres a the Garg love!?

I’m new to MM, because I’m getting ready to buy my first Garg. I started an account over at Pangea for the Viv I’ve built and asking about reputable sellers, but it’s a slow forum, like Geckos Unlimited.
So here I am. I’m not gonna use up bandwidth and repost all my Viv info and pics. If youre interested, check it out. It’s a repurposed 27gal hex I had to make a top for.

Hoping to find some other Garg lovers to help guide me.

DIY MistKing -

2 Likes

I’m so envious! I’m not able to keep any species at the moment that can’t cope with the markedly hot temps in my apartment in the summer. Cresties, gargs, and uroplatus- I have to wait until I live somewhere cooler or can afford more consistent air conditioning.

1 Like

Hi there are a few of us here that keep Gargoyles, seems like your future Garg will have an amazing setup, now as far as breeder recommendation, well we do not do that, what we recommend is to go on Morph Market where you will be able to find various Gargoyles available and where you will be able to read customers reviews on breeders and decide for yourself.

2 Likes

I’m not going to lie, I skipped the text at the top at first and spent way too long looking for geckos in them pictures :joy:

As Deb said, it looks like they are going to a really nice setup :+1:.

4 Likes

i bought most of my animals for breeding off morph market i couldnt be happier. right now is perfect timing babies are starting to hatch. i have both red striped and blck and white striped. and there both awesome. wish the best of luck to you!

2 Likes

Very nice enclosure.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome! I still need to finish planting the Viv. I’ve got springtails and white dwarf isopods in there. Have two pots to plant. Anybody has suggestions for a tropical Garg Viv regarding plants, I’m open to suggestions.

1 Like

Pothos is what I have in all my bioactive setup, hardy and low maintenance, likely the easiest plant to keep.

1 Like

I got rest of my plants today. Bella Palm (Neanth), something’s called Mixed Polka Dot (don’t remember the horti name), and a baby Orchid.

Bella is the bushy one planted on the side of the Lucky Bamboo, Polk Dot is under the African Violets on the right. Small Orchid is planted in substrate on right. Photos don’t do it justice, so I’ll try and do a small vid tour for a short YouTube vid. I haven’t posted this pic anywhere yet, as I just finished the transplants. So you saw it first here. Also still working on mist timing. Changed to 25 seconds every 6 hours.

3 Likes

any updates?

1 Like

Yes! “Chuck” seems to be acclimating well. I wanted to give him some time to get used to his new home, sounds of kids, etc. But he seems to be doing well!

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

What wonderful news! Chuck is so adorable

3 Likes

Thank you. Chuck appears to be going into a shedding stage, but seems to be a little more comfortable being handled. I handle him/her once a weeks, I try for two. Ill try and get a good vid up on YouTube after the shed.

4 Likes

Have been dealing with some family stuff…but I present…Chuck!

5 Likes

It’s been a rough year. I hope youre all staying safe and trying to stay calm during these dark times.
Here’s some fresh Chuck. He comes out within an hour of the lights going off. Been feeding him a steady diet of pangea powders, mixed with fresh blended (de-seeded) fruit. We eat a lot of fruit in the house (gf smoothies, 3 and 4yo). So we always have strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, apples, grapes and bananas hanging around in excess.

I really need to get back into my photography, dig out my tripod and lenses and try to have some patience.

4 Likes

Awesome set up. My little guy would be hella jealous.

2 Likes

I appreciate that. I think I probably started Chuck out in an enclosure that was too large. But Chuck has adapted well. For only being a year and half old, Chuck is acclimating and getting used to my voice and daily routines. Along with kids screaming, yelling, and jumping around his habitat. I need to get out my good camera equipment, tripod, etc for night shots. With a 4 and 5 year old, that’s easier said than done. But I shall!

4 Likes