Which Isopod do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

Orange Scaber (left) OR Orange Laevis (right).

4 Likes

Personally I like the left one better because if how it looks; the color of orange, sharp-looking sides, and the contrast between the two types of orange.

1 Like

I prefer the one on the right. I love the bright color and it reminds me more in shape of the gray garden isopods I’d find all the time as a kid. Also, I think it looks like it’s either going to invite me in for tea and knit me a sweater or assassinate me, and that’s a dichotomy I appreciate.

1 Like

I love orange isopods… if environment isn’t a factor definitely scaber. Are you looking at these for a particular setup?

Powder orange are an absolute favorite of mine.

2 Likes

We used to breed both Orange Laevis and Orange Scaber. The Scaber were a best seller and the Laevis sold so poorly that we stopped working with them. So, I think in general people like Scaber better.

2 Likes

Laevis. We have the giant orange in some of our vivs and they’re brill. See them a lot! Along with the dairy cows, tropical greys and dwarf whites :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Can they live together?

I like them both but if I had to choose, I’d say Orange Scaber

1 Like

You can have them together. We have tropical and dwarfs in together. The other half has orange and cows. They make some cool hybrid babies!

1 Like

I have some white dwarf and Grey woodlice but I wasn’t sure if you could mix them or if its like squirrels where grey took over the red.

I don’t ever see mine, well apart from when I dig for eggs (no luck yet)

I’m looking to get some more clean up crew… Was hoping to see if I could find any at a Reptile show, but I don’t think I will be going to one this year :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Seems they’ve stopped again! As I was looking at going for the first time too :weary:

2 Likes

They could. But eventually possibly one will out breed and then out compete the other.

2 Likes