Which show is 'better?'

Hey guys, have any of you been to a HERPS show? I typically just go to the NARBC when looking for a particular addition.
I took a look and the vendor list and the list was pretty extensive, basically, I’m asking how much larger is an NARBC show?

2 Likes

I have been to the Midwest Reptile Show at the Indiana State Fairgrounds a few times but I have nothing to compare it to. However the majority of the vendors offered a variety of bps. I am not sure what NARBC stands for so this reply is probably not helpful to you…… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Oh lol! It stands for North American Reptile Breeders Conference, it’s (I think) the largest reptile show in America

1 Like

Ok so I am waaaay off base! Sorry about that!

1 Like

I went to the HERPS show in Shawnee, OK this past weekend. It was not the biggest show I’ve ever been to, but it was definitely packed with both vendors and visitors. According to one person I talked to, all of the vending tables had been sold out pretty quickly?
Selection-wise, it was heavy on the ball pythons, crested geckos, and leopard geckos, as you’d expect. I think there was a chameleon breeder there, as well as multiple tarantula/invert tables. I was there for supplies but found a local breeder of uncommon geckos which was exciting for me.

I haven’t been to any of the NARBCs yet, I’d imagine they are bigger in general, but I did manage to spend a good couple of hours in the HERPS show despite not spending too much time on the snake and invert tables.

2 Likes