Who likes African Rock Pythons?

I do!! I recently got back into the hobby after not having reptiles for a while. And what better way to do it than with a big beautiful, not so commonly seen, python that I got here from a vendor? She’s a female het patternless that I’m definitely keeping forever.

18 Likes

Love rock pythons welcome to the community

3 Likes

So far, she has been as calm as can be. No bites, just a little hiss sometimes when I’m pulling her out of her enclosure, still though, I’m working on hook training. I’ve kept retics and burms in the past, I wanted something different this time.

5 Likes

Very nice python and welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Congratulations! Rocks are beautiful snakes. Maybe one day you will produce some patternless ones. I hope that she continues to be a sweet heart.

3 Likes

Welcome!
super cool snake you got there. would love to have one someday but don’t yet have the space or experience

2 Likes

Here’s a pic from today. Too bad she’s deep in “the blue” right now.

7 Likes

Here’s another pic of her

8 Likes

She’s actually grown a bit since this last pic though

4 Likes

What size will she get to as an adult?

1 Like

Around the size of a Burmese python. African rock pythons are the slightly more grumpy cousins of Burmese pythons.

4 Likes

Not necessarily. If you work with them and make sure your interactions stay positive and you’re persistent, there’s no reason why a cb African rock should be considered “grumpier” than a burm.

5 Likes

Here’s a couple more:

7 Likes

More pics of Buffy. Follow her on IG if u wanna see pics of her more often :grin:

9 Likes

A couple more pics of Buffy:

6 Likes

Amazing, what a beautiful python. Putting on size too. Well done.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! She IS putting on some size and she’s going back into shed right now too.

4 Likes

I love african rocks!! The only large constrictor species I have never owned. One day though.

4 Likes

You’re missing out! I feel that they’re behavior is very similar to retics, they’re agile and they’re always moving when you’re trying to get a good pic :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

She’s in shed again

4 Likes