Who owns venomous snakes/lizards

I want to know how to take care of them and I would like to see pictures of the reptiles NO REAR FANGED/MILDLY VENOMOUS except for boomslang

3 Likes

Are there venomous crocodilians??

1 Like

No like crocodilians not venomous crocodilians

1 Like

Oh. Well that’s completely different.

2 Likes

I suggest picking one and posting in the applicable category of the forum, as they are going to involve very different conversations.

2 Likes

The care isn’t too much different except you want to have a larger enclosure (to reduce stress and therefore bites) and as little maintenance as possible (I’m not saying neglect, but bioactive when possible is good). Hides are often locked so they can be easily, safely, and quickly removed if needed. I’ve heard that it’s good to velcro a card to the tank so if you are ever bit you can take it to the hospital. It would have information like species (common and scientific names), venom type (hemotoxic, neurotoxic, etc.), effective antivenoms, side effects, and any other useful information.

5 Likes

Good advice I am thinking of getting venomous some time not yet idk yet all I have are garter snakes currently and tbh I want to what venomous snakes people have in there collection I want to see people with rock rattlesnakes and mambas possibly cobras and other vipers and elapidae.

1 Like

Went to NERD a couple years back just to get a look at their albino King Cobra. Forget her name, but it is a fabulous animal. Prolly cost more than my house!

2 Likes

Her name is Lilith btw and I know but I want to see people’s venomous snakes don’t do
Chandler’s wildlife
New England reptile
Will nace
Tyler Nolan
Because I watch there channel

2 Likes

@saleengrinch has an impressive hot snake.

1 Like

Lilith is not albino, but is leucistic. She is reportedly one of only 2 in the world confirmed at the moment.

2 Likes

Yes he own squams (Atheris squamigera)

I know Lilith is leucistic

I own several at Olympus Reptiles. Including rattlesnakes, GABOON, and a rhino. I also have a dwarf caiman (sold to me 5 years ago as a Cuvier’s, but may be trig).

3 Likes

Oh I think I watch your channel
You breed ball pythons right?

1 Like