Why is there a Time Limit to Leave a Rating?

If he is a bad seller, give him a bad review. Don’t leave others to get animals that may be so bad off that they won’t survive. You have a duty to this community to inform people of bad sellers. Going without saying something could cause more issues in the future. If he gets enough bad reviews he won’t be allowed to sell anymore, which will possibly make him think twice about getting pets he can’t care for.

6 Likes

Leave a bad review! Don’t let them continue practicing animal husbandry is such a poor fashion! Well, let them acts as vendors at least. I know I wouldn’t want to buy from whoever you’re talking about!

2 Likes

This is an issue with good buyers and sellers too though. If a payment plan goes long and the animal was marked as sold and put on a payment plan, they cant review it when they’re done if it’s been too long. For newer sellers, the ability to “research” might be limited.

There is a “on hold” box to the side that you can check for this very situation. This way you can wait until the animal has been fully paid for and ready to ship.

2 Likes

I do this and only mark the animal as “sold to” within 24 hours from delivery. I do it specifically since that initiates the ability for them to review. I think it helps anyways when the review reminder arrives right when receiving the animal is fresh and they are feeling excited.

I’ve added some new functionality around the time limit to leave a rating:

• Within 90 days of inquiry (changed back to 90 from 120)
  • Within 90 days of being marked as sold to the user by the seller

The latter will allow sellers to “bump” the rating window date, either from the messages page or from the modify ad page by assigning it or re-assigning it as sold to a user.

In special situations admins can also use this feature to allow buyers to have an extended timeline. We just did so in a case where the seller had drug their feet for several months, included Paypal disputes, etc. The buyer had done everything right, and it merited leaving a rating.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Buyer Ratings