Why not Scoria boas?

Why do I not see more Scoria boas for sale? They were mind blowing the first time I saw them. I moved away from boas for some time but now I’m becoming more interested again I am surprised to see so few Scoria around. (I am similarly surprised to see as many Fire boas as I do, not sure what they bring to the table. Please do enlighten me). I have read that Scoria wobble, is it as simple as that? Is it the same reason people have moved away from Spider balls and Jaguar carpets?

5 Likes

Speaking personally, I think scoria is awesome but the prices are a bit high for my taste. $1500 to $15000 is what the range on MM is. I agree with you on Fire, most of the peeps I know working that project are after super fires and thats it.

5 Likes

I would say the reason Scorias are not produced at a higher volume is because of their price. Honestly, I probably will not produce them but I really want an anery scoria. I think that some may be turned off by the wobble but I haven’t seen physical evidence of that. The videos that you actually see of Scorias is of them with a small headshake just like a normal boa would have, nothing more. I think that they are awesome, just a bit much for me to spend on a pet only though when I am trying to grow my breeding groups.

5 Likes

I agree with the above. I’d have a scoria myself but the prices are just too far out of my range. Theyre stunning in person.

5 Likes

To my knowledge its mainly because the wobble and “spider” like tendency the gene has. The price is rather high and the gene for the most part is still pretty untapped.

2 Likes