Wifi thermostat

Looking to change my current thermostats to something that can be monitored and controlled/adjusted through an app or website (phone access control from a remote location).
Does anybody have experience with any out there that i could look into?

2 Likes

Hi here in the UK we have microclimate evo connected thermostats that are wifi and remote controll through their app
They can controll up to 3 devices independantly you can choose pulse ,dimming or off/on on each channel so in theory you can run 3 enclosures off the one thermostat

I don’t know if there available in the states but worth having a look if that’s what your after

I will reaad up about it. It looks like i can only get it through ebay.

1 Like

Are you looking for something like Herpstat brand that lets you do more than just monitoring remotely? I’m just a keeper so you might have different needs but as for monitoring remotely, I’ve had good experiences with Govee thermometer/ hygrometers that I put into each enclosure for monitoring/alarms for anytime the temp or humidity goes out of my desired ranges. Inkbird has something with probes/outlet plugs built in for remote viewing. I don’t know if the Herpstat Spyder Web might be of use or not, though I have no experience using those

After getting and using my first Herpstat with wifi access, I don’t think I’ll buy any other thermostat. However, I think only monitoring is available remotely with those, since it uses local IP on your network for the admin console, similar to a router - the alerts are quite responsive and the safety shutoff options are about all I need remotely, though. YMMV.

1 Like

I was looking for something that is 100% controllable remotely. This way, i can monitor and change settings without being around. This would be backed up with something like govee to monitor the inside.

1 Like

My current ones are herpstat and freedom breeders. I can only monitoer or do a shutdown. I was hoping to make adjustments as well.

1 Like

That would be a game changer I would think! Hope you find it! Please update if you find one!

Inkbird stuff is usually pretty reliable. I’d you had concerns you could run something like this in connection with a higher dollar or more expensive one you currently have as a fail safe, f you felt you needed.

To clarify, I’ve got no experience with this one, but I’ve used inkbird brand equipment before.

2 Likes

Thanks. I am going to check on it. If it does waht i want, then it is a steal at that price.

2 Likes

On the Inkbird, Just from the video and a little searching to confirm, you can connect it to your wifi and you can monitor AND adjust from anywhere. You do not have to be connected to your wifi to control it (per the company QA section).

I will probably order one to try and update you on how it works.

2 Likes

That was the impression I got from the quick glances at it. And like I said, if you wanted to be extra safe and as a fail-safe mode, just run it with something like your herpstat set to a higher temp, so if for some reason something doesn’t work right with the inkbird you have a safety in place.

1 Like

I ordered one to test it. Using one as a backup, might also be an option.

2 Likes