Will a jumping spider kill my snake?

It’s an odd question but- I found a small jumping spider on the mesh lid of my snake tank. Then it jumped inside- I dug through the hides, plants, and bedding and can’t find it anywhere. If it were to bite my ball python, would it be injured, or no threat at all?

odds are high that it’s fangs would be too small to penetrate your snakes scales. Unless you have a bioactive setup there should nothing to keep it in the tank for long it will leave the same way it entered in search of food. However, if you have a bioactive setup I would keep a vigilant eye out for little guy and get him out asap cause he will decimate your isopod population. It would also be wise in that case to go with a different material for the enclosure top.

4 Likes

Thank you! Luckily I don’t have anything bioactive, so I hope it won’t be long before it gets out. I’m waiting to get a large rack system but until then, small stuff like flies and those spiders keep getting in. I’m just a little paranoid since it’s a younger ball python haha, but thank you so much for the quick response!

1 Like

I have a variety of spiders that have made their homes in my vivaria/cages. Unless it is a widow or a recluse then I would not be concerned

4 Likes