Winter time hunger strike?

Okay Thank you, I will try this!

1 Like

I have been having a very similar problem and don’t currently have a solution. My female ball python is 2 and 1/2 yrs old and about 1500 grams, but I think she’s lost weight since it’s been nearly 2 months. (she eats f/t medium rats ever 2 weeks) I am worried since I am a first time ball python owner but I don’t currently have a reliable vet. Thoughts? How did you get them to eat?

1 Like

This strike is not unusual. However I would start offering a small rat every 2 weeks instead.

Don’t panic. She is still of good weight and unless there is something else amiss a vet visit is not necessary. However, I would put a search for a reptile vet at the top of your list of things to do in case you need one in the future.

Snakes can and sometimes will go many months without eating for whatever reason. Wait a few weeks and offer her a small rat or a large mouse. She will eat again trust me. I have a girl that is around 2 and a half and she is pulling this trick on me. These terrible 2’s are killin us! :joy:

Come back in a month, unless you need reassurance sooner that, and update us. I would stick with the small rats every 2 weeks or a medium rat every 3 to 4 weeks……

3 Likes

If you need it, i will support what @caron posted. Sit back and relax. It’s hard to do the first time, but just about everyone goes through it.

3 Likes