Woma vs HGW?

Can some one tell me the differences between woma and hgw? I recently added Woma to my collection but it is a multi gene female so it is hard to compare to my single gene hgwg.

1 Like

They are totally separate genes. Hgw is allelic with blackhead. They look similar but they are usually pretty easy to tell apart. What combo is it? Do you have a picture?

3 Likes

Yes. Got her as a Firefly Woma. image|375x500

5 Likes

6 Likes

That’s definitely woma! Super nice! Imo hgw has more blushing and woma reduces the pattern more. Both super forms are lethal. Hgw combos are some of my personal favorites!

3 Likes

Awesome thank you. I produced a hgw clutch last year. I loved the combos that hatched. She was actually due to lay her clutch this year on Friday so I should have eggs soon.

Here is last years clutch. Paired to a Fire Pastel Cinnamon YB.

8 Likes

Super nice clutch I see a yb hgw in there! Love that combo! For sure post pictures of her clutch this year! I only did one hgw pairing this year. Soul sucker Yb x super spectre!!! Hopefully I get eggs of it!

2 Likes

Yep. I kept her and one of her brothers.

Fire Inferno male

HGW YB Fire Female

5 Likes

Very nice stuff!!! This was my last hgw clutch!

8 Likes

gorgeous! Are you doing another pairing this year?

2 Likes

Yes I’ve been pairing the sire of that clutch to a super spectre. Hoping to hit the souls sucker super stripe.

3 Likes

That is cool! I’m starting a recessive project with mine this year. HGWG x Lesser Clown. So nothing will be spectacular but that’s ok because I will probably keep most.

2 Likes

That’s a awesome pairIng!! You will get soul sucker het clown! I have a holdback soul sucker yellowbelly female from that clutch that will be ready next year. Plan on pairing her to my enchi leopard yellowbelly!! Super excited about that!

6 Likes

I love the woma gene and work with it a lot. I have a bunch of combos with it.

2 Likes

Regular woma
Enchi lesser woma
Pastel super enchi lesser woma
CinCinnamon woma clown
Enchi lesser lemonback od woma

2 Likes

and others :wink:

2 Likes

I love HGW, I was trying to buy a male from someone but he’s been away from his morphmarket account forever might have to go elsewhere.

An hgw male would go great with a multi gene non reccesive female.

2 Likes