Would You Rather Reptile Edition

I’d rather discover a new morph, since it would have to be in leopard or crested geckos it would likely be quite valuable and I could get my dream animals from MorphMarket . :rofl:
In all seriousness a new morph would be awesome and a lot of fun to work with, prove out, make combos, etc.

5 Likes

So that means no Sterling!

3 Likes

Definitely discover a new crazy different recessive in my collection so I could first name it and second refine it into my many combos.

I would prefer if it was like pied but the white was replaced with jet black. ( In Boas )

4 Likes

My answers

1. Neither since I’m not into pythons or boas and would rather avoid both groups.

2. I guess lizards since snake wise I’m only into colubrids or venomous…I feel like I’d have more variety with lizards overall.

3. Thats a tough one because I haven’t really gone herping before (I feel like in nature I wouldn’t go with the specific intent to find herps–rather just enjoy nature and see whatever I come across passively)and have never been to Tinley.

4. Neither. I have 0 interest in pythons and boas (with the possible exception of rainbow boas) as a companion/pet animal.

5. I’d love to do both to be honest. If I could only do one it’d prob be discovering a never before seen new species. To find something totally new to the face of science and possibly have it named in one’s honor is an appealing prospect indeed.

5 Likes
  1. Boas, even though I mostly keep pythons.

2. Snakes

3. I’ve never been to Tinley, but if i could herp somewhere at anytime it’d have to be Australia

4. Probably GTPs but I’ve never owned either species.

5. I think finding a new species would be pretty cool but so would breeding a species for the first time so I’d have to go with the first one.

3 Likes

I wasn’t sure if I had to ‘get rid’ of my current animals for the questions or start again type thing :joy:

If I can keep my royals and everyone else, i actually think boas… every Sterling possible only though. :smirk::heart_eyes:

2 Likes
  1. every species of boa.
  2. Snakes
  3. able to got to (the amazon rainforest for free whenever I wanted.
  4. Green tree python
  5. establish a reptile species
2 Likes
  1. Python
  2. Lizards
  3. I’m UK so let’s say Finley for free including travel & transportation of anything I buy :wink:
  4. green tree pythons
  5. establish a reptile species in captivity as I’d have no idea what to look for in the wild lol plus of love to establish a great line of reptile :heart_eyes:
  6. Definitely a new gene/trait/morph

Love this quiz :+1:

4 Likes

Would you rather, have an active but venomous snake or a snake that never leaves it’s hide?

6 Likes

For me, I would want a pet rock as I still get to hold it.

4 Likes

If I can get the snake out of the hide for cuddles I’ll go for that one. :joy:

4 Likes

I already have a pet rock with my ball python, so I guess the venomous snake. Maybe some sort of Australian elapid.

2 Likes

The contrarian in me (sorry) says:

1. Colubrids
  2. Snakes
  3. I’m going w Hamm. Not far from Düsseldorf, my favorite town on the continent!
  4. I’ll go w the boas, to watch the color change. Then perhaps I could trade it for a turtle, before those teeth grow in!
  5. Discover, for sure - s.(omething) Donaldii!

Thanks for letting me play!

2 Likes

I really like the look of Cape Coral Cobras. I forgot where they are from but small and brightly colored.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, those are beautiful. I’d probably have to go with an arboreal viper or a death adder as the venomous snake I’d get though.

3 Likes

I’d love a cobra so I guess I’d say an active venomous, although if it’s active in a bad way, then I’d stick with a rock :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I definitely want a Variable Bush Viper if I was going arboreal.

1 Like

It’s gonna have to be the pet rock for me as well here, I’m too accident prone to own anything venomous sadly (I literally had a young lab mate tell me that they’re suprised I’ve even made to age 29 :roll_eyes:)

4 Likes

I’d rather have an active venomous snake, after some mentorship with a hot snake keeper. Since venomous snakes are often very colorful it would make a great display animal (that I can still get out for cuddles, just kidding :wink:).

3 Likes

Matt and I each did this, since he’s next to me.

Matt:
1.) boas
2.) snakes
3.) n/a ( I have no idea what either of those mean)
4.) Emerald Tree Boa (dream reptile)
5.) discover a species.
6.) discover a new gene
7.) venomous

Me:
1.) pythons
2.) lizards (because geckos)
3. Tinley! I’ve never been!
4. GTP
5.) first in captivity
6.) dream reptile, for sure.
7.) pet rock. I love to take the snakes out. I’m also with Hilary. I’m far too accident prone for venomous. :joy::woman_facepalming:t2:

I’ve got one!

**Would you rather have a room full of display enclosures (exoterras) or racks regardless the cost/space , and why (sorry, it’s the teacher in me.) **

For us, display, b/c we like to see everyone!

4 Likes