Yellow in anery?

Hey wonderfull people! Just wanted to share my Tessera Anery Het Amel Het Hypo, he has a really nice yellow, at the start in the sides of his body, what do you think it might be? He is called Ghosty since I want to do some ghost projects with him haha

6 Likes

Totally normal for an anery corn. Some develop more or less, but it’s very common for anery corns and many of the other morphs as well.

6 Likes

Ah okok I see, thank you for the info!

6 Likes

Hi @ricardo_morais. Nearly every corn develops some yellow along the throat and lower sides, similar to yours. It comes from carotenoids in their prey which the snakes use for their own color development. It’s kinda like how flamingos get their bright pink coloring from their krill did source. Ghosty will develop more of this as he grows. Some corns show more of it, others show less. Some people really like it, others don’t. I think the yellows with Aneries are quite pretty - though I also like Charcoals who typically have less yellow.

5 Likes

Any idea what substance causes the yellow?

4 Likes

Lol yep.

Chemically, there are several different carotenoids. They’re hydrocarbons, with bonds arranged for the varying forms of carotene, if that’s what you meant.

4 Likes

Love the reason! His sister for example, anery, has literally 0 traces of yellow. I rly like both looks ngl

4 Likes

Yep. That’s what I meant. Thank you. :+1:

3 Likes

I’m with ya, @ricardo_morais . There are different things to like about both looks.

@guppyguy , you’re very welcome. :+1:

3 Likes