Your most prized snake

Volcano fire goblin and volcano fire poss yb

18 Likes

Welcome @jmereptiles :grin:

What a way to burst through the door, absolutely beautiful snakes.

2 Likes

Damn those are sick! Is volcano a new gene? I dont believe i have heard of it before

1 Like

If I remember right the gene was first produced in like
2015 but the original breeder had a rack fire and lost most of the originals only a few got sold. Most of this is second hand info from the owner of 5280 Reptile Room, where I got them from. At one point the reptile report had an article on them but the website it was on no longer exists.

3 Likes

May I ask how much you paid? I’m really interested in hitting that guy up to see if he has any. Its definitely a very cool gene. Btw is it a co dom or recessive?

Off topic but to damn curious… How does Paradox happen in balls exactly? These are some of the first I’ve ever seen in this thread. Definitely a bucket list snake now.

2 Likes

It’s a co-dom, and I paid $700 for the pair I think he had one left last time I was at the shop I’ll be going there today for feeders I can let you know

1 Like

Its basically when two embryos fuse together, thus creating a paradox. Pretty much two snakes in one

3 Likes

As of now the shop is out of volcanos all he has is his hold backs and the one adult male

1 Like

I think volcano and lava genes had something to do with eachother, but cannot remember how they were related.

1 Like

To add to this, a example.

A Ivory is completely white, with colouration being genetically impossible.

A paradox would be a black patch on a Ivory.

1 Like

Yep, other morphs that are white can also have speckling. Sometimes banana paradoxes are passed off as normal banana because the paradoxing gets mistaked as freckles

I love reading this thread. Y’all have some amazing animals.

My most prized snake is my single gene pastel (het pied) from BHB that I got as my first snake. I was fascinated by critters as a young lad, lost touch in my young adult years and BPs actually In a way helped me get on track long story but. Anyway. This is Cassie. She will never produce a worlds first…she may never even produce an offspring worth more than the 2 hundred some dollars I paid for her, but she is precious to me. Growing an interest in reptiles/ BPs helped me grow out of a bad rut I was in in life…and whether or not she ever produces a clutch for me she will always have a home with me. I look forward to seeing her grow and thrive, I hope someday to present her to kids in schools and privately to people in my own home that are unsure about the safety etc of reptiles. Thank you Cassie (and by extension Brian) for this awesome connection and a new passion to pursue.

11 Likes
  1. GHI Mojave Freeway. Love this guy. Not a hold back
16 Likes

19 Likes

Maybe it’s a stupid question, but what exactly is an eight ball matter?

1 Like

Very good looking

No vanilla. But leo blackheads are fantastic! Mine are het pied as well and should be expecting eggs in a few weeks, fingers crossed!

1 Like

Not a stupid question at all. :slight_smile: An eight ball matter is combination of black pastel, cinnamon, and champagne.

2 Likes

Southern??!

1 Like