ZooMed enclosure broke

Got a ZooMed 36x18x18 for my BP about 6 months ago and the plastic pin the door hinges on already broke. Looking at petsmart website(where I got it on sale) I see at least 2 reviews now that show the same problem.

Anyone had this issue and had luck getting a replacement or am I screwed? They sell parts, but I’m not giving them money for it to break again in 6 months. If not guess he will get upgraded to a PVC that I now know I should have gotten in the first place

1 Like

I’ve never used large ZooMed enclosures, so I’ve never ran into this personally, but I use many of their other products, and have had a need for help like this many times. Based on my experiences, they have excellent customer service. Go on their website, find the Contact section, and send them an email explaining what you have going on, they’ll work with you to make things right. PetSmart may help by just exchanging the enclosure, but I’ve not found stores like to be very helpful in cases like this, it’s usually best to go directly to the manufacturer. Just make sure you have a receipt to show ZooMed, and you should be fine.

1 Like

Have already emailed zoomed and am waiting for reply, an exchange at petsmart would be difficult as it’s a bioactive enclosure. If it gets to that point I will pony up and get a nice pvc

1 Like

I’ll say this, most of what ZooMed offers is great, but from what I’ve experienced, I only have use for several of their smaller enclosures. They make many excellent accessories and other products, but I really prefer Exo-Terra enclosures, in the case of open view glass enclosures, they’re better made in some ways, and overall last longer and are easily maintained. There’s all kinds of companies out there making add-on parts for enclosures like that, too, they really give you some options to choose from if you decide a PVC enclosure is a direction you may want to go in, without changing too much about what you currently have to use. I can’t speak for ZooMed specifically, though. I haven’t seen very many adaptation options for their enclosures.

1 Like

Got the hinge strips in from ZooMed, but idk if I’m going to attempt it. Looks like I would have to cut the silicone off the top to be able to do it. Will likely live with it for a while and just pony up for the PVC or ABS when I start thinking he’s big enough to push it open

Well crap, every PVC seller is 10+ weeks out. Do I just break down and buy exoterra glass and hope it’s better than this zoomed?

1 Like

That same size is a decent Exo Terra, and there are a few options you have for outfitting the enclosure differently that the ZooMed doesn’t have available, such as replacement lids/lighting/heating fixtures. Overall, you may spend as much on a decent replacement lid and enclosure as you will on outfitting a PVC enclosure of the same dimensions in a similar manner.