2021-2022 Season Begins

Clutch #3 is happening. Pairing was a 0.1 Leo YB Pastel het Clown X Blk Pastel het Clown. The clutch was only 3 eggs and 4 slugs to begin with. And continuing on with the “not crushing it” theme, it looks like I have hit all 66% hets, and no visuals. Wah Wah Wah! Here are the first two out of the eggs.

Clutch #4 is starting to pip but that is only 2 eggs because the female laid two eggs up front and then became sort of egg bound and didn’t drop the others until about a month or more later when they were no longer viable. Stay tuned.

4 Likes

Shane about no visuals :scream: but they are cute still :grin:

1 Like

So clutches 3 and 4 are out. Clutch 3 only had 3 eggs as she laid 3 eggs and 4 slugs. No visuals but some nice looking babies just the same.

Clutch 4 is another story. The female dropped two eggs, 2 days early of her expected date and then retained 5 others beyond viability when they were passed. Both eggs hatched, but the Clown baby has severe neurological issues. Its locomotion is off, it cork screws, and it wont or cant recoil when touched on the nose. I will likely euthanize it.

Clutch #3

Clutch #4

3 Likes

My little runt boy from the boob egg did finally shed. He’s already taken two meals of live mouse crawlers since he was only 30 grams out of the egg. He will be a holdback. Because he has a head stamp that looks like a royal scepter, and as someone else pointed out to me, two marks that look like the tusks of a saber tooth tiger, I have dubbed him, “Sir Fang”.

5 Likes

Love the name :+1: glad Sir Fang is doing well.

Sorry to hear about the visual clown issues. I know it happens, but it’s still not nice