2023 Eggs/Hatchling updates

Our mystery gene girl had her second ever clutch! Was a surprise just like 2021! She showed no signs besides not eating. She only had 4 big eggs last year, but this year we got 7 nice sized ones! We’re keeping this post as updates for the clutch and if our other gals decide to produce this year!

17 Likes

Yay! Those are some nice looking eggs! Congratulations :confetti_ball::champagne::balloon::tada:. Can’t wait for the updates! :blush::snake:

6 Likes

First update! Our other gal Rhea laid 9 big eggs! These two girls laid a week apart in 2021 so I had a feeling she’d have some soon!

5 Likes

Those things are huge! Congratulations!

4 Likes

Thank you!! Last time the babies were only 45g average and she had smaller eggs. Hoping these ones are big noodles <3

6 Likes

Absolutely! Big healthy babies is what we are hoping for!

5 Likes

I just amazes me how big ball Python eggs really are! I’ve never seen them up close besides my own and just knowing they could get even bigger (like those rare 100g babies) makes me excited to keep breeding :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Now that’s “eggs acktly what I’m talkin about! Congratulations again! :+1::blush::clap:

3 Likes

surprise eggs are always the best.
and the next are just as exiting
Happy eggs day
cookie-monster-emoji-cookie-monster-render

5 Likes

Small update!

Checked on the eggs today, and it looks like one egg from the second clutch has no veins anymore. Looks very scrunched together too. The rest look great, but still sad to lose one. I’ll incubate it and see if i just couldn’t get a good angle with the flashlight enough to see veins with how scrunched/dented the egg is, but for now I don’t want to give my hopes up saying that it’s okay!

4 Likes

First clutch pipped yesterday so I cut them open today! Looks to be 2 Enchi Calicos, possibly a third, a normal or low Enchi, two bananas (1 maybe had calico), and one that looks like a Mojave? I’m very confused on that one! Trying to prove the mom’s genetics out, thought it was a BEL complex but I guess we were wrong! Can’t see any lesser babies, but I’ll post more pics after they come out

Pairing was Mystery gene (possible BEL, YB, or Fire complex, she produced some weird babies last time that looked odd. Could be a normal, who knows!) X Banana Enchi Calico Lesser

8 Likes

Woohoo baby pictures coming soon! I hope ALL of them are keepers, or at least that it will be difficult to choose!!! :pray::snake::+1::face_with_hand_over_mouth::blush::sunglasses:

5 Likes

I have my eye on one of the Enchi calico, based on what I saw the amount of orange and white is insane!

5 Likes

Mystery gene female strikes again with the babies this time :sob: I’m at a loss, I can see Enchi and Calico on this cutie, but there’s something else and I can’t figure out what’s making it so orange and white, and the flaming! It’s so bright even without shedding! Thoughts?
Me and a local friend of mine believe it’s possibly a YB complex (we originally thought BEL complex like Special or something). Debating if I want to get DNA testing done on her, since I’ve never done it yet

9 Likes

Pics of mom? I’ve seen pastel do that in calico enchi(almost makes me think of OD combos I’ve seen with calico as well) combos. Plus there’s so much variation with calico od combos it makes it hard. Definitely want some pics once it sheds

Also guess I should ask what the pairing was. Reading back I don’t see it in the post. Sorry if it’s there, in a car currently and not reading as thoroughly as usual lol

6 Likes

The mom is an older lady, we’re not sure on age so she could be almost anything and just be super dulled out! She’s got lots of dull flaming though with white “spots” on the sides

7 Likes

What was dad? Sorry I added an edit to my original post before I saw you already replied.

6 Likes

No worries!! Banana Enchi lesser Calico! (Which is weird because I have no lesser babies from what I saw, but one that looks closer to Mojave? I guess I’ll find out in a few days when it comes out!

7 Likes

I’m going to refrain from giving my thoughts until the babies shed. I have some thoughts but don’t want to give false hope/be wrong and spread misinformation. So my verdict will come in a week or so!

6 Likes

No worries, excited to hear your thoughts once these guys shed!

5 Likes