2023 Eggs/Hatchling updates

Just a small update! The little pastel girl is doing great, she’s becoming very active (even escaped the hatchling rack a few days ago, I found her quick though!) she’s very small, hasn’t shed yet either, but I’ll post an update with her once she does!

6 Likes

Oh my goodness that is so good to hear @artisticserpents ! She sounds like a spunky little girl! Ya know ya gotta watch these kids every second of the day! And you can’t let their size fool you!

Seriously I am so thankful you didn’t lose this one! After shed pictures please!!! :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I know I shouldn’t but I’m gonna keep her even if I don’t ever breed her :joy: she’s my little trooper and honestly is exactly what I’ve gone through with this hobby- ups and downs, scares, then miracles. She’s definitely a spunky one. Can’t wait for her to shed, she’s super pretty as it is!

5 Likes

You know what! I would do the very same thing if I was you and I believe a lot of other people in your shoes would do the exact same thing! And you know what else? I say good for you! She deserves to stay with you so you will be able to watch over her and enjoy her! Can’t wait for pictures! :heart::blush::clap:

5 Likes

This is my first year keeping any holdbacks and I’m very excited to see them grow up! A friend of mine is taking one of the calico Enchi mystery girls, and I’m keeping the other. I’m looking forward to lots of comparison pictures!

6 Likes

Oh yes that sounds like a great idea! Kinda like comparing each other’s kid’s pictures! :+1:

5 Likes

:joy: that’s a way to put it!! I find it fascinating when snakes of the same clutch grow at completely different rates. I’m keeping the feisty one that wants to bite me 50 times in a row while I change her water. Here’s to hoping she’s a great eater!

5 Likes

I have a feeling she will be! :joy:

5 Likes

I’ll try to get better photos of the holdbacks and make a thread that shows their growth! I think it’ll be interesting to come back on

5 Likes

That is a great idea! Looking forward to seeing it! :+1::blush:

5 Likes

This stubborn girl still hasn’t shed, and it’s been almost 3 weeks out of the egg :skull: I’m so impatient to show you all how pretty she is post shed!

4 Likes

Mini update!

Got the DNA back on the mama! She’s het Desert Ghost type A! I guess that’s what’s making the hatchlings extra bright. As for the hatchlings, they have all found forever homes! One of my breeder friend’s took the awesome looking calico, Enchi, prob Het DG. Another breeder took in the Enchi and the little pastel, so if I get updates on them in the future I’ll be providing photos!

3 Likes

Woo hoo! That is awesome news on both accounts! :clap::ok_hand::+1:

3 Likes