A date with Dr Travis Wyman

Bah he’s aight lol

5 Likes
4 Likes

My OD Pied girl has 1 micro eye she was paired with a Sire OD,YB,GeneX,Pied x Normal Pied

1 Like

That is likely just one of the random fluke defects that can occur when breeding

2 Likes

As seen on TV this thread - Reptile testing - #3 by t_h_wyman

3 Likes

Another update

Reptile Fight Club debates Pathogen Testing with Dr. Travis Wyman - YouTube

4 Likes

Updating again

6 Likes

Very nice YouTube thumbnail!

3 Likes

The perks of being married to a professional photographer :+1:t4:

4 Likes

I wonder how many times your partner has sighed under their breath “ahh, the perks of being married to a geneticist” while you explain why your dinner guests twins dont look alike :joy:

3 Likes

Strangely, my science does not get tapped that much at dinner parties LOL

3 Likes

Lol really, mostly snake talk? :rofl:

2 Likes

I tell all my dinner guests my adventures as a semi professional snake breeder lol but I’m not nearly as interesting as Travis :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

That comes up even less LOL

Travis is totally boring at dinner parties. He is an introvert and tries to blend in with the walls or furniture to avoid drawing attention to himself

:upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Wait, that sounds like me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes
1 Like

I was on THP episode #155, but that one is not up on YT so you will need to pull it down using your favourite podcatcher

1 Like

I just listened to this one and was wondering if @t_h_wyman could post a more comprehensive list of regular people friendly books about biology/genetics? Maybe @chesterhf would have a suggestion or two as well?
(Perhaps start a new thread for it?)

MPR Network Strictly Shorties ep4

3 Likes

The first one that comes to mind for me is " The Violinist’s Thumb: And Other Lost Tales of Love, War, and Genius, as Written by Our Genetic Code" by Sam Kean. He does a great job of writting science for people aren’t in the field. His book the “The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons” is a great read for neuroscience enthusiests (kind of along the same lines as “The Man who Mistook his Wife for a Hat” but more neuroscience and less psychiatry)

Also a huge fan of “Language of God” by Francis Collins, but there’s also a fair amount of religion mixed in with the genetics, so it may not be everyone’s cup of tea.

I’ll try to remember what else is on my bookshelf that I’d recommend

4 Likes