A date with Dr Travis Wyman

Travis doesn’t have time to clear things with the likes of you Thomas!

4 Likes

He is a busy man with many important things to do, like baking.

5 Likes

Most of the time, these things happen with little notice. I find out when I get out of work and finally get my phone back and then head home, eat dinner, and end up on a 'cast LOL

Not true… It just has to be when I have enough time. I kind of make it a personal policy to not log into the forums from home (unless there is an emergency) so unless I know a few days ahead, I cannot announce it here

I still always try to make time for my herp people
I will say that I have another one potentially happening, but we are still working out scheduling. If I get it in time I will make sure everyone knows :+1:t4: :+1:t4:

4 Likes

@t_h_wyman have you been working with Steve Tillis on Nidovirus research? I believe you mentioned him in the second Snakes and Stogies podcast you linked. The first was rather interesting, do you know if it’s been proven that vehicle transmission can occur? As you’re probably aware, Steve has segregated a population of Nido positive animals and produced a number of Nido negative offspring from them, I was just wondering if there was anything that would contradict that. I’m also curious if any experiments have been done with Invectermin in snakes

4 Likes

I have not done work with Steve but he and I have spoken a few times and there may be some collaborative work in the future.

It has not been proven that vehicle transmission can occur but it is very likely that it can, we see the behaviour in most of the other viruses in the family. Definitive proof would require intentionally infecting animals and I do not know any place that is set up for that kind of experiment.

There is nothing that would directly contradict vertical transmission not occurring, that said, there are some other viruses in the family that can so it is something that, at a hobby level, I think is easily investigated. That level of investigation could also lend to vehicular transmission - fecal matter on an egg could harbor the virions long enough to inoculate the hatchling as it emerges

I know of no experiments done on ivermectin. Again, snakes not being a common model-organism, there are few places that are set-up to test these kind of things

5 Likes

Look who the Fat Man dragged in…

6 Likes

Warren and I will be hanging with the Gumbo crew this coming Tuesday. So think up all those questions that you are burning for answers to and join the livestream

6 Likes

Damn!!! You and Warren on the same show!!

This is genuinely the superbowl of the reptile world…

6 Likes

I mean they’re even taking it like that with their star photos up. Just look at him handling that snake :joy: he is so ready with his complex yet ultra simplified real world explanations :rofl:.

6 Likes

Bah he’s aight lol

5 Likes
4 Likes

My OD Pied girl has 1 micro eye she was paired with a Sire OD,YB,GeneX,Pied x Normal Pied

1 Like

That is likely just one of the random fluke defects that can occur when breeding

2 Likes

As seen on TV this thread - Reptile testing - #3 by t_h_wyman

3 Likes

Another update

Reptile Fight Club debates Pathogen Testing with Dr. Travis Wyman - YouTube

4 Likes

Updating again

6 Likes

Very nice YouTube thumbnail!

3 Likes

The perks of being married to a professional photographer :+1:t4:

4 Likes

I wonder how many times your partner has sighed under their breath “ahh, the perks of being married to a geneticist” while you explain why your dinner guests twins dont look alike :joy:

3 Likes