Absolutely devastated today

That part of it was what made me cry. I ran my finger over the imprint and it was like having him with me again for a moment. I was so glad to see the vet treat him like the beloved pet he was, I am incredibly lucky to have a skilled and compassionate herp vet nearby.

Bit of a more lighthearted update: Diglett ate his first meal here. I was a little worried he might refuse, being a picky, spicy boy, but no problems whatsoever. Now the goal is to get him onto unscented f/t.

4 Likes

Hognoses are on my list of wants along with sand boas probably a corn as well

2 Likes

I have no experience with sand boas, but Hognoses and Corns are two of my focuses. Find a corn with a good temperament and you have a buddy to hang out with.

2 Likes

breaks my heart I have been through the same but had a 14 yr old cat unfortunately passed away about 5 months ago she was the sweetest thing.

3 Likes

same with mine she was in pain for months and we had no idea thankfully the last month I for some reason I just started babying her she was brave just like yours!

3 Likes

Im sorry for your loss, 14 years is long but never enough. Hopefully with time your sadness will lessen and fond memories begins to replace the sadness.

2 Likes

also, I think I made a typo we lost her several months ago, so they just about have been replaced with memories.

3 Likes

Oh wow that is so sudden. I came so close to losing my albino corn snake her first year breeding and she is a pet only now, and lost another female corn snake inexplicably overnight. It’s the saddest especially when they are pets first and foremost. So sorry for your loss. I can empathize and it really hurts for a while. Best of luck healing.

2 Likes

This was my first year and the loss of this boy came after nearly losing one of my female corns (also pet only now) so it has been a tough one. Thankfully the suddenness and finality of what happened with Dratini actually made it a bit easier to deal with.

The little hoggie I ended up adopting after I put him down turned out to be a girl, and she’s thriving with me now. There’s a lot of comfort in having her in his memory.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry this happened to you. I had a pair of leopard geckos (my first herps) that died for an unknown reason a few months after I got them. The weirdest part is I took them to the vet a few days before the first one died and they said they were fine. The enclosure in the store they were in had way too many in that small an area so I guess the store/breeder wasn’t reputable.

1 Like

The suddenness always makes it hard. I’m so sorry for your loss, especially after getting the all-clear from the vet. It’s just one of the unfortunate outcomes of keeping reptiles, they can be fine one day and gone the next.

1 Like

I know this happened a long time ago but I’m sorry hear of your loss, he must have been a good little buddy and a good breeder. RIP little Dratini

2 Likes