Adult super dwarf retic pair photos

Custom Jordan 13s? Nice and nice snakes as well

1 Like

There captain America’s! And thanks!

1 Like

Love these! I wish they didn’t blanket ban retics in Florida. And the Revan in the background :heart:

1 Like

You can own them with a permit, though it takes awhile to receive, but it is worth it. It is a Process, my husband got one when he was young.

2 Likes

I’ve always thought retics we’re absolutely gorgeous, but always assumed they were out of the question for me to keep (unless I won the lottery) because of their epic size. I didn’t realize that the dwarfs were that much smaller. I might actually be up for something that size at some point in the future.

…this is a dangerous discovery for me, haha.

Gorgeous snakes!

4 Likes

I can get into those nope noodles🐍normally i stay clear of the large breed snakes because i know i couldn’t handle them once they got big, especially with me being in a wheelchair and i have a very curious/nosey kitty who literally is in everything i do. These guys look like a manageable size, i pictured them so much larger.

1 Like

Oh wow! Those guys are gorgeous! Retics are AMAZING snakes and they deserve a lot of respect!:wink::snake:

Good luck my 50% sd goldenchild male literally never sits still when he’s out. I want to get a female to start raising but they are insane price right now

1 Like

Perfect size for a retic!

3 Likes

I want to stay breeding theses snakes so bad. Absolutely beautiful. Relics have alway ls been a snake I was interested in, but I have no desire to own a 25’ snake. Theses are all the pluses with none of the minuses.

4 Likes

Super dwarfs tend to have a more natural temperament, some of them are a real handful. They also don’t all stay quite as small as breeders will infer either. I recently transported a pair of pure Kalatoas and the female was over 10’ and as thick as a large boa constrictor.

It’s pretty rare for retics to reach the maximum recorded size. Most mainland females average 14-18’ and males 10-14’. There are plenty of examples of 6-8’ SDs but there is no guarantee they’ll all be that small.

9 Likes

You took the words right out of my mouth :rofl:

3 Likes

Honestly, I’d rather have the more calmer yet larger mainland than a handful of a 9 to 12 foot snake.

4 Likes

I say go BIG or go home. :rofl: Love big retics.
Old pics of some.

Only have this guy now.

8 Likes

Only!?!? He is gorgeous!

2 Likes

How blessed you are @tommccarthy to be able to have/had such massive magnificent animals! I saw Steve Irwin’s son, Robert, swim underwater with an adult retic on one of their shows in Australia at the zoo.

Amazing pictures Tom! Thank you so much for sharing! :pray::blush:

4 Likes

Same here, I’m a mainland guy all the way.

5 Likes

Here are a few of my favorite pics of Tigger.

Favorite of SpongeBob . Really miss him.

One more of Titan. He’s almost as tame as SpongeBob was.

6 Likes

Come on @tommccarthy Tom! You’re killing me with those pictures! Tigger is simply awesome but so is Titan and Sponge Bob. Btw what happened with SB? :thinking:

3 Likes

As I type this I think it might irrational. But I have 10’ stuck in my head as my limit on a snake. It just seem like too much more then that and it would be hard to handle solo.

2 Likes