Allelic combo confusion

I was wondering what it’s the hardest part of ball python genetics do people have a tough time with?

Mine is allelic combos. From the long list in the super stripe combos, from new allelics like enchi and cinnamon or chocolate and spotnose. I have trouble keeping them straight. Not to mention mystic and mojave being visually similar but create potions and not BELs.

On a selfish note I wouldn’t mind a tab on morphmarket that would separate the complexes.

If any of the above info is wrong please correct. Like I said, I have issues with it.

2 Likes

Potions are technically BELs! They’re just a more “dirty” type of BEL.

Here is my super mystic and pastel super mojave pair:

Hoping to pair them this season. Lucy seemed pretty excited about Almond, she very quickly started tail wagging and dragging her scent glands around her tub.
Almond is a proven breeder, but didn’t seem interested in her. I’m gonna wait a couple months before attempting to pair them again, she’s still eating like a pig so she shouldn’t have any issue putting on some more size.
She’s around 1300-1400 grams, been a fast grower ever since I got her.

Here’s a couple of Almond’s offspring from the Almond x Butters clutch, the butter mystic produces a more typical BEL.

3 Likes

To actually answer the question at hand though, I don’t think I struggle too much with anything besides identification. But learning how to identify morphs comes with time, and since I’m fairly new to the hobby I don’t see it as a real issue. I always have others who can help me with those if I’m not sure :grin:

2 Likes

I didn’t know that they are still considered BELs. We have a .1 super mystic and she gorgeous. I love the super form. Its one of the reasons I prefer mystic over mojave.

Hopefully they lock and produce for you. “Typical” BELs are still amazing. Plus, IMO You can’t wrong with and of BEL complex genes.

2 Likes

Identification is difficult and its great to have friends and tools, like morphmarket, to help.

1 Like

Well there is this:

4 Likes

I LOVE this idea. That’s a great thread that t h pasted but my interpretation of that is a filter on the MM like the gene list that you could just choose a complex and show those available. Instead of having to go to individual searches of other genes in same complex.

1 Like