Allelic Morphs aka Complexes

Allelic Morphs

Here is a list of all the Allelic Morphs, also commonly referred to as complexes. Feel free to add to the list with proof of some sort. Don’t just state “this” is allelic with “this”. Links, Pictures, 1st hand knowledge, ect. of a breeding trail that shows they are allelic. There is also a watch list for morph we suspect will be allelic, but haven’t done the breeding trails to prove it.

Last Update: April 16,2017

Blue Eyed Leucistic Complex

• Bamboo
  • Daddy Gene
  • Lesser/Butter
  • Mocha
  • Mojave
  • Phantom/Mystic
  • Russo
  • Special

Super Stripe Complex

• Asphalt
  • Flare
  • Gravel
  • Orange Belly
  • Spark
  • Spector
  • Yellow Belly

Black Eyed Leucistic Complex

• Brite
  • Disco
  • Fire
  • Flame
  • Lemonback
  • Sauce
  • Sulfur
  • Vanilla

8 Ball Complex

• Black Pastel
  • Cinnamon
  • Het Red Axanthic
  • Huffman
  • Lori
  • Razor
  • Jolt

Albino Complex

• Albino
  • Candy/Toffee

Spider Complex

• Black Head
  • Spider
  • Champagne

Watchlist

These morphs havn’t been proven through breeding trial to be part of the same complex yet, but are highly suspected to be part of that complex.

• Hidden Gene Woma - Spider Complex
  • Woma - Spider Complex

FAQ

Some names are the same morph, why? In the case of Lesser/Butter, Phantom/Mystic, and Candy/Toffee, I just feel the names have been separated for far too long to exclude one. In the case of Orange Belly, I think it should be separated until the Graphite Ivories are figured out.

If that is the case, why is insert morph not on the list? I havn’t seen enough evidence to convince me they are different than something else already on the list. I have no problem revising the list based on new evidence though.

• Lucifer - Lemonback
  • Thunder - Vanilla
  • Ember - Sulfur
  • Bling Yellow Belly - Yellow Belly
  • Goblin - Yellow Belly
  • Mota - Fire
  • Green Pastel - Het Red Axanthic
12 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Morph Issues

BH/Champ has been bred out and shown to be allelic. I was also told that the BH/HGW had also been proven but never saw the actual documentation.

I would also add the Jolt and GreenPastel morphs to the ‘8-Ball complex’

2 Likes

Green pastel is HRA, same deal as the other morphs that have multiple lines

3 Likes

Was not listed in the short synonym list at the bottom was the only reason I mentioned it.

1 Like

We should probably have a synonym list post, I know it would be pretty extensive. I’ll see if I can find my old list and post it.

4 Likes

:+1:t4:

I agree, that would likely be a good idea

1 Like

I think the list would be appropriate right here, as anything not synonymous would be allelic. So with that said, I’ve had suspicion the brite and sauce might be the same as lemonback and lori also the same as hra/green pastel. Is there any evidence to suggest otherwise? Do we feel we should just cut the crap and use the more common morphs? Just use Lesser instead of Butter, just use Candy instead of toffee, banana instead of cg, ect.? Also I havn’t even looked it up, whats jolt?

2 Likes

brite is another line of fire. produces black eyed lucy in super form. I am not sure that het red and green pastel are the same. It does get rather frustrating when you have people coming up with their own lines of the an already established gene, especially when in super form they don’t do anything different. happening way to often, pretty soon there is going to be 42 lines of yellow belly.

4 Likes

I would put brite among lemonback tho vs fire. fire produce yellow spotted BlkEL most of the time, super brites and super lemonbacks, I’ve never seen anything but pure white.

1 Like

Sauce also produces pure white BlkEL.

Jolt is an allele in the 8-Ball complex. It is probably closest to (and maybe synonymous with) the Razor allele. A bit like an amped up Huffman. Outback originated it about a decade ago but have only started making it available in the last three or so years

1 Like

I wish people would stop renaming crap just to have a new “worlds first”. I was looking the other day and there are currently 6-7 lines of Fire now.
It’s getting out of control.

6 Likes

who proved that out?

Cannot remember off the top of my head. It was in one of the FB groups… I think I messaged the thread to someone so I can see if I can scare it up

I’ve been working with lemonback recently and can tell you its a lot different than your typical fire. I think its important to keep lines seperate if they are distinctly different. Otherwise you’ll end up washing out a perfectly clean gene because you think it acts similar to something else out there. If one line has no blushing, extreme blushing, high contast, deeper color etc. you would want to use those paticular traits to enhance other genes your working with to get your most desired outcome. Selective breeding right! This pic was posted by Albey Scholl awhile back and shows the distinct difference between lemonback and fire even though yes they are both fires.

I think it is agreed that Lemonback is different than Fire. I have not scrolled back up to check OWAL’s list but I am pretty sure he lists both of them as being separate under the BlkEL group. I think he said Lemonback is the same as Lucifer and Sauce (which I think is a fair assessment since all three make pristine white BlkELs)

1 Like

The biggest problem with the BlkEL complex it that it doesn’t have the same variation that the BluEL complex does. Each BluEL gene is visually different and a lot of the ALS combos don’t leave you with a white snake.

@albey do you have a picture of a Lemonback next to a Sauce?

1 Like

I understand what you are saying but the same could be said of the YB complex and we are pretty fair at differentiating them across a gradient based on their superforms. I think the BlkEL complex is fairly straightforward in the same manner;

Vanilla/Thunder<Disco<Sulfur/Ember<Fire<Lemonback/Sauce/Lucifer/Mota/DesertLemon (RDR’s pure white line)

I WONDER IF THERE COULD BE A ““WELL RESPECTED GROUP OF BREEDERS”” THAT HAVE BEEN IN THE BUSINESS OVER 10-20+ YEARS THAT COULD GET TOGETHER AND ESTABLISH A RECOGNIZED ““ESTABLISHED GENETIC LINES OF THE MORPHS THAT ARE OUT THERE NOW”” MUCH LIKE AKC AND UKC DOES WITH DOGS. THIS WOULD GET AWAY FROM EVERY TOM DICK AND HARRY NAMNG THEIR OWN LINE OF (ie…FIRE, YB, ECT. ECT. ECT.) AT SOME POINT IN THE INDUSTRY THERE WILL HAVE TO BE SOME "“CREDIBLE AND INDUSTRY WIDE RECOGNITION” OF THE DIFFERENT LINES AND THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THEM TO VALIDATE ““NAMING THEM””. JUST MY OPINION TO HELP WEED OUT 100 DIFFERENT ““LINES”” OF THE SAME GENETIC MORPH.

5 Likes