Allelic Morphs aka Complexes [Directory]

Like Matts Allelic Morphs aka Complexes [Ball Pythons] we should get these created for other species.

Lets use this as a place to dump info until we have enough to create individual species pages.

Ball Pythons

Corn Snakes

Reticulated Pythons

Leopard Geckos

Boa Constrictors

What else needs noting?

@lumpy what do you have for boas, retics and burms.

@westridge anything for sand boas

The vast majority of Sand Boa morphs have no real issues, although there were some failure-to-thrive issues with Splash morph animals back when they were really inbred. Nowadays, this has largely been resolved with outcrossing, and I personally have never had any kind of problem with a Splash baby.

2 Likes

Retics

Albino complex

• Purple Phase
  • White Phase
  • Indo Caramel

Boa Constrictors

BWC
Sharp
Prodigy

These look good to my knowledge of the two. As far as burms, I don’t know if any. You should be all good :+1:. Though I would have liked more if It explained the inactions more; Het white het purple = lavender.

1 Like

This is for complexes/allelic traits… but the infis appreciated either way :blush:

@jk-reptiles would be a great source of information about retics.

1 Like

@mblaney @erie-herps any leopard gecko complexes missing from above?

3 Likes

I haven’t worked with them personally, but just from spending an absurd amount of time reading Morphpedia articles, a Mack Snow leopard gecko and a TUG snow leopard gecko bred together can create a super snow.

4 Likes

Oh your right… i missed them!

Thank you :blush:

3 Likes

Boom :exploding_head: good one!

2 Likes

@solarserpents any missing corn complexes?

1 Like

Well, motley and stripe share an allele, so I think they’d be considered allelic. The only difference is that motley is dominant over stripe. So unlike ultramel, which looks like a blend of ultra and amel, with motley and stripe, if the snake is het stripe and het motley, visually it will look motley.

2 Likes

For Retics:
White Phase Clark Albino X Purple Phase Clark Albino = Lavender Phase Clark Albino
Clark Phase Albino (any phase) X Indo Caramel = Orange Glow
Clark Phase Albino (any phase) X Mocha = Mochino
Indo Caramel X Mocha = Mochamel
Blonde Albino X Amelanistic = Rhapsody
Orange Ghost Stripe X Phantom = COW

3 Likes

I don’t even know how these skipped my mind, I love rhapsody retics.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t think that there are a ton with leo morphs, but I’m not really current on the work being done with some of the more recently discovered morphs.

3 Likes

@mattcookreptiles, is there anything in boas that you see missing?

1 Like

I also haven’t done research into it. There aren’t any widely known complexes and new morphs could have complexes but I don’t know of them and they might be too new to determine that. I believe any snow combined with any snow can make a super snow (mack, TUG, and GEM), so they should be in a complex even though I don’t know of someone pairing a super snow combination to a normal and seeing which snows are produced.

1 Like

Any input on whether NDBE is related to Eclipse?
https://community.morphmarket.com/t/morphpedia-leopard-geckos-ndbe/24205

Or Marble Eye
https://community.morphmarket.com/t/morphpedia-leopard-geckos-marble-eye/24268

2 Likes

When initially proving out the gene it was paired to eclipse and marble eye to test if they were the same morph. If they were allelic visuals would be produced, but they weren’t. The exact same thing occurred with marble eye. So NDBE is not related to eclipse or marble eye.

3 Likes

In boas hypo and Motley are allelic.

Leopard, black and onyx are allelic with enough differences to include them.

2 Likes