Another Reptile Girl

Sounds like you live in Florida or southern state?? If I had to guess :laughing: Thank invasive burmese pythons for some states like yours having heavy regulation on some species.

2 Likes

Awe you’ll get it someday! Just remember to save and keep an eye out for opportunities. There are uromastyx breeders in Canada, so try to get on a waitlist. Although since they’re in such high demand they could be pretty expensive at first! Your husky is adorable btw (can see on your profile). She seems like sweetie for sure

2 Likes

My profile pic isnt my dog lol. Thats a wolf pic I downloaded for my phone wallpaper since the Wolf is my fav animal of all time.

And yeah I’ll be looking for my chance for a good Uro both on MorphMarket and elsewhere.

2 Likes

Lol I didn’t mean your profile pic. You can go to anyone’s profile and see where they have posted and I saw the pictures you posted of her. :blush: Wolves are one of my favorite animals too!

3 Likes

No, i live in connecticut, they just love regulating everything out of existence haha.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. Love your introduction :+1:

Your reptiles look awesome and can’t wait to see more pics as you go.

Your cat is super cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love black cats

I too am an animal lover and it’s always great to hear people do their research :relaxed: I keep royal pythons and crested geckos, I hope to own more variety of reptiles one day, but I keep buying Cresties and I am breeding my Cresties too so that will be fun :relaxed:

I love bioactive enclosures, I plan to get some more variety of custodians.
I haven’t the time to make custom backdrops, it’s a plan for the future when my kids say I’m not cool enough to hang around with anymore lol but your backdrops look great :+1:

2 Likes

Hey, I really appreciate the reply and friendly welcome :slight_smile:

There’s a lot of good custodians for bioactive setups but I just use isopods and springtails (plan to add more in the future) and they have completely colonized the soil lol

I have it in the works to make some new backdrops soon and make a post about it, they’re not too time consuming, most of time goes into letting it dry before doing the next layer (If you’re making a realistic looking rock backdrop) but theres other backdrops that are way less time consuming (or way more lol).

Its great to hear from another friendly person and animal lover, and good to meet you. Thanks again! :blush:

5 Likes

I’d love to see them all! My first backdrop was three sheets of copier paper and some Crayons!

4 Likes

Can’t wait for the posts about the backdrops :relaxed:

My main problem is I can’t do the backdrops with my 3 year old constantly getting in the way what takes 20 minutes usually takes 1 hour, hence why I’m going to do it as a future project :crossed_fingers:

Spiritually are my favourite, I also have some woodlice, but u want to get some more :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Haha sounds about right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Awe I understand now. :slight_smile: And thanks! I can’t wait to get all the materials and be ready to set up new bioactive tanks and thus have a reason to do another backdrop. I need more isopods (woodlice). My culture dried out after I forgot about it for 2 months lol

3 Likes

Sky or sunny for a name for the new girlie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Super cute. I like Sunny :slight_smile: I’ll name the other Philadelphia (Filly for short) hehe

1 Like