Anyone keep carpet pythons

Snake discovery is also a good resource with lots of good info. I would trust their info above most other peoples but it is necessary to keep in mind that every snake is different. From species to species and even individual to individual. Just because something works for hognoses doesn’t necessarily mean it works for carpets

1 Like

I meant snake discovery a video on how to calm down a defensive snake

1 Like

Do you not have your heat source on a thermostat?

1 Like

It could be that they did not spend time tuning and adjusting the thermostat to actually regulate the proper temperature within the tank.

2 Likes

The sellers didn’t have a thermostat

1 Like

Thermostats are a requirement for a heat source. In the future don’t get an animal until everything is set up and temperatures and humidity are stable.
For now I would recommend making sure the bulb can be used with a dimming thermostat (if it doesn’t get one that does) and getting a dimming thermostat for it.

5 Likes

Okay I’ll probably get a thermostat when I have a chance to.

1 Like

I’m not trying to be harsh but it’s not when you get a chance, it’s now. It’s not fair to the animal to risk it’s life for your convenience.

5 Likes

Oh I’m no where near an area that sell thermostats the closest one is 2 hours away

1 Like

You can order them online.

2 Likes

who is a good seller for thermostats.

1 Like

Is this thermostat good for heat lamps

2 Likes

No, that is a cheap thermostat that isn’t even good for UTH. I personally don’t use heat lamps so I don’t know what thermostats are best for them. For a UTH the cheapest thermostat I can recommend is the JumpStart brand thermostat. I don’t think it would be good for a heat lamp.

2 Likes

Is this good for heat lamps I know you don’t use them.

1 Like

This will be my minimum for a thermostat

1 Like

No it is not.

1 Like

What’s the cheapest for heat lamps? Is jumpstart good for them?

1 Like

not at all, IMO. I’ve had these burn out after a week of use.

3 Likes

I already said JumpStart likely is not good for heat lamps. They are made for UTH. I don’t know which thermostats are best for heat lamps because I don’t use them.

3 Likes

A key thing for heat lamps is a dimming thermostat. Not an on/of or pulse proportional. I don’t want to seem rude or like I’m out to get you but it doesn’t seem like you have done much research prepurchase. That is an important step in buying animals

6 Likes