Are enchi and cinnamon allelic?

I’m not disagreeing at all. Early on I did two spider to spider combo breedings and did get white snakes. Many argue they dont exist but I’m not here to argue. I’m just going to share my experiences. Will not do it again

@monroemorphs I’m assuming they lived? Did they prove to be super spiders? And was there any other genes involved?

1 Like

Spider to spider is a white snake but it is a lethal Gene. I forgot which big breeder said this it was at least 10 years ago. Just like woma to woma, champagne to champagne and a few others.

They did not live. Made it to pip and that’s it. Can provide pics of clutch

Agreed. There are some that say they’ve done it for years with no issues. Perhaps its luck. Who knows. If breeding spider I’ll have it on one side, that’s it

I’m just going to throw this here incase anyone hasn’t seen it - Yeah let’s do this: here’s the Super Spider

1 Like

Wilbanks has a Banana Cin Enchi I saw today at his facility. Photo attached.

9 Likes

I envy you right about now, I’ve heard about his huge facility and always wanted a peek inside. Perhaps you could ask him to weigh in on this discussion? Seeing that he produces vast amounts of ball pythons i’m sure he would have some experience with a cinnamon and enchi pairing.

3 Likes

I definitely believe this. Here is my black pastel enchi ghost female from the 2019 season!!! Hold back of course!

2 Likes

@nathan_e
He is already on here…

@mikewilbanks
What is your opinion on this discussion?

1 Like

Mate, I was not accusing you of arguing. I was simply pointing out that, even with all the blatant evidence of what pips, there are still other people that refuse to accept the fact and instead want to debate the issue.

1 Like

ah ok, ill have to see what he says. this thread has been a good read so far

1 Like

I agree… @nathan_e This has been a great topic. Super excited to see how our two pairings with Cinnamon/Enchi turn out. We have an Albino Enchi X Cinnamon Butter YB and the sibling Cinnamon Butter YB X Enchi. The Enchi female is huge. Fingers crossed.

4 Likes

yeah it will be really cool to see what the odds were once people show their clutches hatching that contained a enchi and cinnamon pairing. really makes me wonder what other genes we have not discovered to be allelic.

5 Likes

So the latest pairing produced super cinny or enchi cinny. I did not get any super enchi(just odds) and no super cinny with enchi that I can tell. So at this time it appears allelic.

6 Likes

For enchi and cinny, yes I believe so. We are working on black pastel as well.

2 Likes

If it is allelic to Cinny then by definition it must be allelic to BlkPastel (and HetRed, Huffman, Jolt, Razor, Gypsy, GreenPastel, Lori…)

4 Likes

Been seeing a lot about this recently, but in contrary to a lot of people’s results I theorize that it’s a little more elaborate then a lot of keepers results would suggest… rather then being an ALS, it seems to be a battle of dominant mode of inheritance … kind of an ‘acts like one’ in most cases… being that some keepers have reported that they have had cinnamon Enchi offspring from cinnamon Enchi sites bred to non cinnamon Enchi dames. Ben Cole has reported to have hatched cinnamon Enchi offspring from both bongo cinnamon Enchi and pewter Enchi Sires. As well he believes he has a super Enchi cinny or super cinny enchi coming to age. This is definitely an interesting topic to log more results about to see if we can map the idiosyncrasies of this outcross. I for one am exited to see my own results that could add data to the effort with a modest pairing of SuGra x Cinnamon Enchi Orange dream

3 Likes

Maybe it works the way velvet works in rejects it’s just the fact that tiger and genetic stripe don’t like to line up and thr odds are highly skewed not allow it

1 Like

Are cinder, raven, chocolate, mahogany or arroyo part of the cinnamon complex?