Are enchi and cinnamon allelic?

As Wicked said, these are not part of the complex with BlkPastel/Cinny

Cinder and Mahogany are supposedly allelic. I have not seen documentation of this but I have suspected it for some time and I have heard a handful of breeder’s whose opinions I respect say this is the case

1 Like

Are there any other genes allelic to mahogany? And does nanny belongs to any complex?

There is a gene in Europe called “Copper” that I suspect is also probably allelic to Mahogany based on the superform.

And I have heard an argument that Stranger is, but since no one seems to have made a SuperStranger I am not sure how legitimate that argument is

Nanny is a granite-type gene. I do not know of anyone that has tried pairing it against other granite-types but it would not surprise me if proved allelic to one of them

3 Likes

So in other to make the darkest snake we could stack: 1-Suma; 2- GHI;-3-leopard; 4- Cinny complex; 5- balckhead; 6- Raven/ chocolate/ arroyo

I would add Acid complex and, potentially, DesertGhost as well

1 Like

Why desert-ghost?

i just noticed that there is a banana super cinnamon enchi male been announced, and the description is the same has on the breeder`s site

Because DG as a morph deepens the blackness. So if you had, say, a BlkPastel GHI and a DG BlkPastel GHI I would bank on the DG version being much darker in appearance

That’s interesting and super exciting and seems like the next logical frontier in this hobby. A whole rash of these allelic complexes getting discovered. Cryptic + Clown, and now JKR may have just discovered Chocolate + Spotnose. It’s awesome!

I think Justin at JKR finally set the record straight. He just produced a cinny enchi clown combo. We know this wouldn’t be possible if they were allelic but I guess they are not.

He shows said combo at 5:28

Why would a cinnamon enchi clown combo not be possible if cinnamon and enchi were allelic?

1 Like

Because it would have acted like a super and produced 50/50 enchi or cinny offspring.

But when he’s describing the pairing the enchi and cinnamon are in different parents.

3 Likes

Oh really? I’ll have to rewatch that part. Guess I missed it. Cool combos he is showing none the less.

Let’s see if numbers help the discussion… It’s worth a try and you know how I love a good old fashion survey :yum:

If some of you guys with connections to other large scale breeders can ask for their input aswel it would be extremely valuable.

• Allelic
  • Not Allelic
  • Need to do more research.

0 voters

The more you share this discussion the more people will add their knowledge.

1 Like

At 3.20 he describes the pairing as a redstripe enchi clown to a spotnose yellow-belly cinnamon het clown.

1 Like

I didnt read every comment word for word. But I did see the videos where Billy says they are allelic. In a couple videos before the one you posted where Justin posted about a new discovery with chocolate he is talking about a gene that is allelic to choc (can’t remember off top of my head) but in that video he (Justin) also mentions enchi and cinnamon being allelic. I am still new to the hobby but just wanted to share what I heard in watching some videos

5 Likes

I’ve found them to be allelic beyond my own personal reasonable doubt :slight_smile:

21 Likes

So I am going to update the MorphMarket calculator, and here is what that means – because cinnamon is already registered as allelic to all these other genes – now enchi will be allelic with all of these.

“8 Ball Complex”: “black pastel”, “cinnamon”, “het_red_axanthic”, “lori”, “huffman”, “brown back”, “lace black back” + “enchi” now

@owalreptiles @t_h_wyman can one of you confirm this change.

6 Likes

Confirm that this is the right call based on the evidence that I have seen.

While you are at it, I would also suggest adding the Jolt mutation that Outback has proven out:

https://www.outbackreptiles.com/special-projects/whiplash-ball-pythons/

5 Likes