Are enchi and cinnamon allelic?

Yeah the evidence seems to be there at this point in time, despite how surprising it missed us all these years

5 Likes

Iā€™m really happy this topic gave some clarity. Was so confused when I heard it first. Itā€™s nice to see it gave so much information that it can really help in future breeding plans.

2 Likes

So, Iā€™d like to say when I first caught notion of breeders results concerning these two genes, I was floored that it wasnā€™t already stated by the gene founders and others that have worked these very established genes over the yearsā€¦ thus, I thought it was a farce and something learned by captive outcrossing. Honestly, I thought I could beat it utilizing stock genetics closely related to founding animals and not diluted by double digit Generational wateringā€¦ I was wrong

When masterminding my pairings last year I had no knowledge of these recent results and set out to outcross SuGra with Cinnamon Enchi OrangeDream in hopes of landing a Cinnamon Enchi OrangeDream Gravel specimen. Apparently itā€™s going to take me another breeding for that quad!

Hearing this new information created a little intrigue and extra anticipation post ovulation of the dame Cinnamon Enchilada OD.

And they cameā€¦ hereā€™s my resultsā€¦ insinuating here in my own shop that Enchi is allelic to the Super Black complexā€¦ which is super surprising to say the least when it happens in your own eyes!

Super Gravel x Cinnamon Enchi OrangeDream (now deemed Spicy Enchilada OrangeDream ALS)

Enchi Gravel likely Orange Dream
CinnaGravels
And Cinnagravel Dreams

Iā€™d like to SHOUT OUT to my peer Coach Robert Whittier of Coachā€™s Reptiles by first calling this out in my circle based on his own results early last year. I want to sit down and serve him an Old 96ā€™er for his realization But at the time I thought it was his luck do not miss on the singles and miss on the combo.

image|375x500

8 Likes

Maybe the reason it wasnā€™t discovered earlier is that no one expected enchi to be part of the 8 ball complex. It looks nothing like the other snakes in the complex, in single gene or super form. Itā€™s so drastically different that wasnā€™t sure I believed it was allelic, but now thereā€™s plenty of evidence.

Iā€™ve produced and held back a few black pastel enchis over the last few years. Proving them out should be more interesting than Iā€™d anticipated.

5 Likes