Are some morphs over hyped?

Some are it really all comes down to personal preference because in the end they’re all royal pythons just diferent paint jobs.

2 Likes

Very well stated @jormungands_den.

1 Like

I used to hate those spots on banana, then I got a Coral Glow, the spots grew on me and my banana has even more spots.

1 Like

Pretty sure I mentioned it in another post but champagne. Champagne + anything = turd with road rash. Throw an santa hat on it and you have Mr. Hankey.

4 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of Champagne myself, I’ll admit.

But I do like Champage and Banana together

Screenshot_2020-08-18 Jenn Roberts ( highdesertherps) • Instagram photos and videos

Screenshot_2020-08-18 Jenn Roberts ( highdesertherps) • Instagram photos and videos(1)

6 Likes

I love that banana champagne

Not many people work with champagne so I would never call it overhyped but it does have good potential if you know what to pair with it. There are many things that get rid of the dirty look and lead you with a clean snake.

Here is my banana champagne pastel boi, he extra yellow and pretty.

Now clown in extremely overhyped. Only a few clown combos keep their nice colors/patterns (mainly just blade and leopard combos) and the rest look gross as adults. If you ever put pastel/any light morph with it you may as well expect a sad looking adult.

4 Likes

The striping on the dorsal reminds me of a banana highway

That is definitely a beautiful snake.

Personally, I think pastel and super pastel is over hyped. Like yeah, it CAN look good in some combos, but God… The washer out white and the bald looking headnit adds to everything just is really ugly to me. Especially when added to clown. God killer clowns and killer clown combos look horrible imo.

5 Likes

To me champagne has really two faces depending on the pairing. I really love our pastel OD pos. Yellowbelly champagne. She has that dirty mudy look on the back but the sides are so clean and crips and really such a beautifull soft yellow color. That contrast I really like ( and that she has a blue and a black eye, but that is not a champagne thing).

f4a816785c2b74990fb69f63f73a8b94

I also really love our mimosa paradox girl

I used the breeders pictures because my photographic skills is something I really have to work on, but the snakes really look like on the picture.

I also really love leopard champagnes, OD champagnes, enchi champagnes, banana champagne, and combo’s of them. And let’s not forget grey matters, het pied champagnes and Snakekings pastel mojave special champagne.Champagne can do thing no other morph can, and because not a lott of people are working with them it’s a nice challenge to see where it can take me . But it is indeed really not a king of combo’s.

5 Likes

We have a firefly and a citrusfly and the color on our citrusfly is not brown. He is stunning! He produced a beautiful daughter our first clutch.

Was going to make a post similar to this but I suppose its easier just to revive this one. Not sure Over Hyped is the right phrasing, but maybe Over Priced. I was thinking about how anything red stripe and clown, in just my opinion, are grossly over valued. I say this because I dont see that RS really brings much to the clown gene. JKR is doing a bunch with it and when you look at a RS Clown combo compared to the same combo only lacking RS theres very little difference in many of them. Meanwhile they are all fetching hefty sums. Conversely I feel anything spotnose Clown is well worth the money given the influence spotnose has and the variance that can be produced. Some others I think are currently over priced are hurricane and wookie. Also agree with the OP about sunset. I think mostly im curious about peoples thoughts on the RS/Clown project. Anyone else think its a little overblown?

2 Likes

Redstripe brings a lot to the table in other combos outside of clown. I will say though in some combos it can be hard to pick out. As far as it being over priced :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

DG clowns are gonna be sick.

I don’t have much understanding of red stripe other than Justin is working with is a lot.

2 Likes

I love Red Stripe. Loved it before the Red Stripe Clown project was revealed by JKR. I think there’s a ton of other directions to take it. So I’d kind of agree the RS Clown direction of it is sort of overhyped even though it is a solid combo. RS Hypo is one example I’ve seen that looks really promising, and I’ve got a few other directions I hope to take the gene in the next few years too.

1 Like

I too think RS has great potential with other genes. Its only its use in clown I think isn’t worth all the hype. I myself made RS Arroyos this year which I think are incredible. Of course I’m biased lol

7 Likes

I’m thinking RS will be great in DG, so much so that i picked up a RS h/DG recently.

1 Like

I would really like to see a red stripe sugar and a ultramel red stripe.

1 Like

4 Likes